Francesco Caló

Jan 11, 2017, 7:25:59 AM1/11/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi, i'm Francesco. I'm trying to build a strategy-war  game. I have the world map image and i need to subdivide this in parts: the different states. every states should be a button. How is this possible?
thanks for your help

SteveJG

Jan 11, 2017, 10:05:00 AM1/11/17
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps

where the orange 'state' is selected (see top of device screen where orange is selected using the 'state' buttons on a Canvas.        Use a Canvas, an image with solid 'state' colors and the blocks above.  Note, this does not seem to work in the emulator to develop, use a device.

To do this, the developer has to determine the color of each 'state' block ... use the 'disabled' blocks to get the color 'numbers' then disable those blocks.   You do need them to determine the colors to input in get pixel block comparison.   For instance, Purple is -6075996 for this example.  What is within the 'state' outlines MUST be a solid color.

Did it work for you?

Regards,
Steve

countrymap.png