Monkey Face

Jan 9, 2019, 6:46:14 AM1/9/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Please forgive me if this was already posted...I couldn't find any posts like it.

I am trying to log on to my account and when I use my yahoo.de email address the address that shows at the top of the screen is my gmail address. Can't find my projects for the life of me. What am I doing wrong please!!!???

Perhaps it is my old age setting in...but I was logged into them yesterday and now they are nowhere to be seen....Is it a problem that my yahoo.de id doesn't show up but my gmail id does...?

Thank you in advance,
Marc

Evan Patton

Jan 9, 2019, 8:24:43 AM1/9/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi Marc,

I think that Google recently made a policy change that they will always use your Gmail as your Google account and any associated emails will just "redirect" to your Google account. So when you log in with your yahoo.de tied to your Google account, Google hands us back the @gmail.com address associated with your account. Since App Inventor keys off of your email address, this results in us creating a new account for your @gmail.com, which will be empty. If you email me from both your yahoo.de and gmail.com accounts, I can migrate your projects for you.

Regards,
Evan

ABG

Jan 9, 2019, 11:12:50 AM1/9/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
(added to new App Inventor Accounts section of FAQ)
ABG

Douglas Herbst

Jan 10, 2019, 12:21:02 PM1/10/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi Evan,

I am a teacher and having the same issue - would I be able to send you an e-mail with both of the student's accounts (old and new) and ask for the same favor - to have the projects moved from old to new?  If so, what is the best e-mail address to use?

Thanks!

Doug