Taifuns Zip gives wrong directory when unzipping

Horst Schulze

Feb 16, 2019, 2:36:11 PM2/16/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi,

I do this: Zipping to a file cassa/cassa_a.zip   and then unzip it. that should restore the directory when deleted.

but I get onother structure

What is going wrong?

Horst

Taifun

Feb 16, 2019, 3:55:26 PM2/16/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
thank you for using the zip extension https://puravidaapps.com/zip.php
how does the filelist look like after unzipping but before using your for each loop?
did you try the example project? did it work for you?

Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Horst Schulze

Feb 17, 2019, 7:10:35 AM2/17/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I see the problem.
your zip is stored in /  My zip i stored in /cassa
with your zip.aia i got a file cassa.zip containing the folder /cassa
So unzipping restores this folder cassa.

My cassa_a.zip containing the /cassa/a folder i stored as /cassa/cassa_a.zio
So it creates a folder /cassa/cassa_a/a/....

Now I copied the file to /tmp/cassa1.zip
doing your zip I got /tmp/cassa1/cassa/....

So your zip extension only gives the results when stored in /
in other directorys it makes absotule path to relative path. And normally one want to store zips in other folders.

Horst

Taifun

Feb 17, 2019, 10:29:14 AM2/17/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
thank you for your report, I will add a note on my webpage
Taifun

Horst Schulze

Feb 17, 2019, 10:34:34 AM2/17/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
could you not make it working also in subdirectories?

Taifun

Feb 17, 2019, 10:44:45 AM2/17/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I put it onto my to do list and one day if I find some time and motivation to look into this I will update the extension. thank you

Taifun