Using Tasks - App Crashes

Assigned to ewpa...@gmail.com by taifu...@gmail.com

MSA Zama Khan

Aug 31, 2017, 11:51:10 AM8/31/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi App Inventor Team

Good Morning,

I am using http://services.appinventor.mit.edu/  The released version of Tasks,

Please find the example Social.aia file attached. In this example i am trying to achieve phone call started method in background, however when i add PhoneCall1 component in Task1 the app crashed when starting the task1 activity.  Kindly please help me to proceed further with the app.

Thank you for your help in advance.
Social.aia

MSA Zama Khan

Sep 1, 2017, 10:11:32 AM9/1/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Any help will be appreciated ?

Evan Patton

Sep 1, 2017, 11:53:59 AM9/1/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
First, there is not a released version of background tasks. The services.appinventor.mit.edu is a test server for this capability, but it is not intended to be a final version. Apps may break using it. Second, because this is not a final version, not every component that could be used in the background can. There are a lot of changes that need to be made in order to accomplish this. My guess is that in your case, the PhoneCall component has not been updated to account for this change and the app crashes when you add it. I will forward your message to the person who has been working on services to see what can be done.

Evan