Want to restart the same application with a reset button.

Geetha Venugopal

Sep 6, 2018, 12:10:07 AM9/6/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Want to restart the same application with a reset button.    My reset button right now closes the TinyDB.  I want the same application to be started again.  How do I get it done.

Thanks for your help

Chris Ward

Sep 6, 2018, 5:18:05 AM9/6/18
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hello Geetha

Much depends on what your app does. TinyDB cannot be "closed" so that's interesting :)

So, your User is in the App, things have been done (like filling in a form or playing a game) and information has been stored in TinyDB?

Do you want to be able to hand the device to another person for them to use the App?

If my guesses are right, then you probably have a button to confirm form entry or save a game score. That button, having stored the data, can then run a little procedure to set things the way they were originally in the App.

If you are storing information for more than one User, then you will need a way to give them a unique identification.

So, can you tell us what your app does, so we can give more specific help?

Abraham Getzler

Sep 6, 2018, 1:23:12 PM9/6/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Want to restart the same application with a reset button.

Take whatever you were doing in Screen1.Initialize and
in all your global initialize blocks, and make a procedure RESET out of that.

Call that procedure RESET from Screen1.Initialize and from your Reset button.

ABG