Problem with opening project

Jędrzej Zawartowski

Apr 21, 2016, 8:03:30 AM4/21/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
hello
It happend two days ago. I make my app as aia file saved to disk. (my not last copy)
Program for control arduino through bluetooth.

Today when i am trying to open it i got an error

notes = Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0 foundIn = nb147c faultData = java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "10.0" projectId = -1

I had upgrade java to the newest version.
I have tryied to import file from my komputer and got same error.
A few others project app have same problems. Some opens some not.

Is it a App inventor problem , or Google cloud .
Is this mean that my project is death, and i can not get my app project back to life ??

Best regards

Taifun

Apr 21, 2016, 8:54:55 AM4/21/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
you do NOT need Java installed on your computer

alternatively you can try using an offline App Inventor version, for example AI2U, see here for more information https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ai4a/ajG4Q6UrRR8/aNrWzZa5BQAJ

Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Jędrzej Zawartowski

Apr 22, 2016, 12:30:19 PM4/22/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I have tried the others compilator and i managed to open my file in Thunkable. I can see blocs of program the screen etc.... but when i have tested compilation i got some errors  about version that my files was created in v19 . The app isn't working. When i was Testing my app  in mit app inventor everything worked perfectly.
It looks to me that http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/ changed their server to old state or something like that.
I do not know what to do . Wait or sth.....

Italo

Apr 22, 2016, 12:57:32 PM4/22/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Well, if you are using Thunkable now, you should ask them about problems with their service. This is the MIT App Inventor 2 forum.

Jędrzej Zawartowski

Apr 22, 2016, 1:09:21 PM4/22/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I think that italo you didin't understand me.
1) I can not open my app created in mit app inventor 2. two days ago it works and suddenly yesterday i could not open it.
2) I have tried many methods, using my backup app etc......
3) nothing worked.
4) Tajfun sugested to use other compiler so i have tried some of them.
5) Only thumbkable opens aia file and i can see my blocks of program. But it can not compile it properly becouse of version.
6) when i was trying in mit app inventor i saw another error android.graphics.drawable cannot cast to android.graphics.drawable.LayerDrawable

So i think that something happend with mit app and as i understand this is MIT forum !!!

best regards

Italo

Apr 22, 2016, 1:38:20 PM4/22/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Take it easy. We are all just trying to help you here. But if you are asking why it doesn't work on Thunkable, unfortunately we can't help you there.
The error says you are working on Firefox. Did you try a different browser? Chrome? Safari?
Do you have extensions installed? I do not use Firefox, so I don't know if you can reset it like Chrome, but if you do, please try that too.
Did this happened when you tried to upload the aia file saved to your disk or when you opened the project from the MIT server?

Hossein Amerkashi

Apr 22, 2016, 1:45:35 PM4/22/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
@Jędrzej,

We will take this and discuss it with MIT Dev team and will let you know of our findings.

Thanks.
-Hossein.

Jędrzej Zawartowski

Apr 22, 2016, 1:50:16 PM4/22/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I normaly worked on Chrome. But when I got an error i thougt that my browser failed. So i Installed firefox.
The error first occure in the mit cloud. Two deays erlier i made a backup of file aia to my hdd.
So i though that lost of two days of programming is not so importand and i can fix it.
When i uploadet file i got same error.
I do not use any extension just mit emulator.
I tried to open it on the other PC with same result.

jis

Apr 22, 2016, 2:57:07 PM4/22/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I will need the your e-mail address (the one you use to login to AI2) and the project name, and I can look into it. You can send this information directly to me at j...@mit.edu.

-Jeff

jis

Apr 22, 2016, 4:54:00 PM4/22/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
So there is a bug. We permit people to set font sizes to floating point numbers, but then when we read a project in, we parse it as an integer.

So if people set a font size in their project, they better use an integer, or their project gets damaged. I'll file an issue.

-Jeff

jis

Apr 22, 2016, 5:25:51 PM4/22/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Update: Apparently this is a new bug just introduced a few days ago. I have found the problem and will either pull the change that caused it, or fix it.

I won't be able to deal with this for about 4 hours, but expect a fix by about 11PM U.S. Eastern Time. 0300 UTC.