hareem affan

Mar 20, 2019, 10:59:12 AM3/20/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
i have attached the screen shot of my app. just want to know how  can i make neat images and background in my app to give it a more professional look.
screenshot_2.png

hareem affan

Mar 20, 2019, 11:00:47 AM3/20/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
currently i m using photoshop and other free online websites for making images

TimAI2

Mar 20, 2019, 11:02:48 AM3/20/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
See the images section below

If you haven't done it already....

hareem iftikhar

Mar 20, 2019, 2:30:53 PM3/20/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
i have attached screen shot of one app which i downloaded from google store, its buttons and background is so neat as compared to my app so just wanted to know what techniques and softwares should i use to give neat look to my images which i use in apps
Screenshot_20190320-232229_123 Numbers.jpg

Italo

Mar 20, 2019, 4:04:49 PM3/20/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
The quality of the graphics depends mostly on our creativity. I can have the most expensive Adobe Creative Cloud suite and my graphics will still be bad if I don't know at least the basics. While somebody with just MS Paint can design a professional app if they really want to and know how.

If you have Photoshop, then you are pretty much set. You wouldn't need anything else, really. Personally, I would use a vector based editor, like Illustrator or Inkscape (which is free). But that depends on how you feel more comfortable designing.
Now it's your turn to learn how to design a user interface. How about Googling "how to design mobile app user interface"? That's what I would do if I were you.

Italo

Mar 20, 2019, 4:11:46 PM3/20/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
You have your own app and then you have another app to compare it to. Ask yourself What is the difference between the graphics in my app and this other app?
What do you see at first glance? Are the graphics all collected from random places and put together or they have some style consistency? (like line colors, thickness, etc.)
In the case of the app you show, I'm pretty sure they are using custom graphics, which might have been the work of a graphics designer hired by the app developers. Or they used stock graphics from a single artist, which might be a little cheaper but it will still keep the design style uniformly.

Italo

Mar 20, 2019, 4:15:43 PM3/20/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Also, I see you are using a canvas to draw. Use this trick to have smoother lines when drawing: Before the DrawLine block, place a DrawCircle block with the parameter CurrentX, CurrentY and Radius set to half the Canvas.LineWidth. This trick will fill the gaps you see when drawing a line with your finger.

Capture.JPG

SteveJG

Mar 20, 2019, 6:20:18 PM3/20/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
An image on a Canvas can be used like many buttons.  You can zone a Canvas using Canvas coordinates to create 'hot spots' that act like Buttons (but are really Canvas clicks) ...the tutorial here shows how to zone using map coordinates; however the pixel coordinates on a Canvas   Chapter 17. Creating Animated Apps        can be used the same way to create hot spots  as shown with geocoordinates in this example Chapter 18. Programming Your App to Make Decisions

or   The  Colors on the Canvas can be used like buttons , see   the following simple example:

blocks (4).png

countrymap.png

Yuk, not pretty, these ideas are all conceptual stuff showing how Canvas and an image can be made to work for you.  How you use a Canvas, a beautiful image and use hotspots can be exciting.  Show us what you can do. You could experiment with the images you posted.  The above methods let you use the Canvas Touched events as if they were Buttons.

Is this what you want to do?

Regards,
Steve