Avast resporting my app as malware

Assigned to halatmi...@gmail.com by steve....@gmail.com

Piet

Nov 24, 2014, 12:34:58 PM11/24/14
Since yesterday my app "Geocachers On The Move" is reported as Malware (FakeInst-AFO) by Avast, on Android 5. Link to Google Play.
Does anyone recognise this phenomenon? I have already reported this to Avast as false alarm.

But can anyone advise me on what else to do?

Hal Abelson

Nov 28, 2014, 12:22:48 PM11/28/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Piet,

Thanks for responding to Avast.   If you search the forum you'll see that some other App Inventor users have run into Avast reporting false positives as malware.
It seems to be an issue with more than App Inventor.  You may have already seen this:

https://blog.avast.com/tag/false-positive/

== Hal