Jemimah Penaredonda

Jan 14, 2016, 10:06:39 PM1/14/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hello guys. I'm in pain. How can I set my videoplayer source to a youtube video? I mean I don't want to open that youtube video in a browser or in a built in youtube app. But I want that video to play in my VIDEOPLAYER. Please. ASAP.

Taifun

Jan 15, 2016, 7:38:19 AM1/15/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
the videoplayer needs a video file for being able to play a video, see also here
which means, for Youtube videos you only can use the activity starter or the webviewer

To be able to play Youtube videos in the webviewer, you have to edit the manifest and add android:targetSdkVersion="14" or higher. Thank you Boban!

Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

SteveJG

Jan 15, 2016, 8:24:13 AM1/15/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
An explanation is in this tutorial how to use and find YouTube videos and play them with AI2

Corgi Video–a tutorial demonstrating how to view and use videos with AI2