Blocks Editor Needs Browser Popups for TypeBlocking, Downloaded Blocks Images

Abraham Getzler

Apr 20, 2018, 11:57:13 AM4/20/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
When using code.appinventor.mit.edu for a temporary project,
I noticed I was unable to typeblock and to download blocks images.
The requests were quietly ignored.

With help from the AI2 Power Users, the problem was traced to
my Chrome pop up browser's whitelist, which was set too tight.

Image result for chrome popup control
Control Chrome's Pop-Up Blocking Feature
  • Click on the Chrome menu icon in the upper-right corner of the browser, and then click on Settings.
  • Type "Popups" into the Search settings field.
  • Click Content settings.
  • Under Popups it should say Blocked. ...
  • see attachment for sample whitelist

ABG

Pop Up Settings.PNG
Auto Generated Inline Image 1