Please help , 1)saying contact name instead of phone numb 2) analog stick e.t.c

abdullah...@gmail.com

May 27, 2014, 4:58:54 AM5/27/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys , i jave started to use app invientor 2 and found it reall helpfull .Its pretty good . I have a few questions / issues .i will be really glad if you guys could help me thanx

ISSUES:-
1). So my first issue is that (like in no text while driving app) i want the app to say the contacts name instead of  its phone number .Inother words , is there a way in appinventor that my app can search for contact name of a specific person , in the contact list , if the phone number of the person is given so that app can intract with the contact instead of just a phone number.
2).My second issue is that my app is not saying the phone number correctly . let me make it more clear . so for e.g if i recieve a text ,from let say 300 , in stead of saying three (3) , zero (0), zero (0) . it'll say the whole as three hundred (300) . and this is just a three digit number in e.g. in reality as the phone numbers are comparatively longer ,the app will start in billions and so on . i hope u get the idea.
3). The third issue is really simple . I just wanna add an analog control in my game for driving the imagesprite. Can i do this in appinventor 2?
4). I want the image sprite to jump ( the view is from the top , like the view in moe mash, instead of a mole i use a ball ).

So theses are my questions.Hope you guys will help

SteveJG

May 27, 2014, 7:55:22 AM5/27/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
#1  You might use the recognizer in conjunction with a list.  find a user in a list, then use pairs to find the associated number.
# 2 Use the TextToSpeech.Rate to slow down the speech AND when the user says the number, say each digit distinctly, followed by a pause.  App Inventor does not have the tool box like apps like Eclipse and Android Studio have for controlling speech.  Here is Google's Speech API:  http://developer.android.com/reference/android/speech/SpeechRecognizer.html.   You can use IF then blocks to convert unusual responses instead of 3 0 0 expected.    You can use them to parse 300 to 3 0 0 if it detect a length of a string other than one.  Also, be aware, speech recognizer have issues...the response they provide may be different depending on the users regional accent or age.
#3 Analog contol.  Do you mean plug in a controller like Xbox?  With AI you probably can not.  You can simullate a controller using Canvas    or you might use two slider  ...depends on what you specifically need to do, does it not?
#4  Jumping sprite...like a frog viewed from above?    Hmm AI can not do 3D animation, however, if you have several frog image sprites, all of different sizes, perhaps you could have a small one to start, a medium one in the middle of a jump and a large when when the frog approaches your face?    Possible by changing the png image in the sprite possibly.

Some ideas, you probably could have come up with most of them.   Now, just experiment, try some things and report back on your success.

Regards,
Steve

Taifun

Sep 27, 2014, 12:18:51 PM9/27/14