Extension: Install app. Notify to user of a new version has come out.

Juan Antonio

Feb 28, 2018, 12:58:59 PM2/28/18
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com

Hi friends,

with this extension we can install easily an application, .apk file.

We do not need ActivityStarter component.

Example 1: Download an .apk file of a web server and install.

Download file from: http://kio4.com/appinventor/p_sumar.apk

This file is stored in:

fileName = /mnt/sdcard/My Documents/Downloads/app_inventor_15678912345.tmp

Then Install by extension.

Look, end in .tmp (not .apk) but install.

http://kio4.com/appinventor/244_extension_instalar_app.htm

com.KIO4_Install.aix

Juan Antonio

Feb 28, 2018, 1:12:06 PM2/28/18
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Example 2: Notify the user of a new version has come out.

- Download number of version new.
- Compare version_actual with version_new
- If is equal, then continue app: It is the sum of two numbers
- If not equal, open other screen.
- When user Click in Upload Button1.
- Download file from: http://kio4.com/…/p_sumar.apk
- To /mnt/sdcard/My Documents/app_inventor_15671234.tmp
- Install by this extension.
- Run new version of app.

p_sumar6.aia

Pablo Bertu

Feb 28, 2018, 2:44:26 PM2/28/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Excellent Juan!! Very useful extension and clearly explained. I will try it on the next version of my app.

Buen trabajo :)

Bertu

Abraham Getzler

Feb 28, 2018, 3:32:53 PM2/28/18