Activity Starter for Maps.Me - Permission Denial - SOLVED!

JimP

Sep 23, 2015, 7:33:00 AM9/23/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com

I'm trying to start the  Maps.Me  offline maps app already installed on my Galaxy 3 Mini [Android 4.2.2] from inside an AI2 app using Activity Starter, but am getting a 'Permission Denial' error message as above.

The phone is not rooted and I cannot therefore use Logcat to find the appropriate settings. The above were taken from the AndroidManifest.xml file, as attached, obtained from the apk using  http://www.javadecompilers.com/apk

Can anyone kindly advise either the correct settings or a means of me finding them? Thanks.

Jim
AndroidManifest.xml

JimP

Sep 30, 2015, 12:12:42 PM9/30/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
In case of assistance to others, shots of the correctly working 'ActivityStarter' blocks and the resulting MapsMe map are attached.

It does not appear to affect performance whether the 'Action' block is set to MAIN or to VIEW.

'DataUri' block is optional to open the map centred on these coordinates and with specified zoom level - otherwise it's centred on present location.

Jim
MapsMe-CorrectBlocks.jpg
MapsMe-DowningSt.jpg

SteveJG

Sep 30, 2015, 12:42:48 PM9/30/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for posting your solution Jim.   Hopefully others will benefit using MapsMe and the AI2 Community has a new tool.

Regards,
Steve