Activity onConfigurationChanged() method

Colin Wirt

Aug 7, 2015, 7:54:36 AM8/7/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I'm wondering if there's a way to prevent the activity from being shut down when a bluetooth keyboard is added or removed.

It looks like configChanges="keyboard" could be added to the manifest -- however I'd like to have a method that I can easily share with my students.

android:configChanges
Lists configuration changes that the activity will handle itself. When a configuration change occurs at runtime, the activity is shut down and restarted by default, but declaring a configuration with this attribute will prevent the activity from being restarted. Instead, the activity remains running and its onConfigurationChanged() method is called.

Is there a way to add that configuration so the activity isn't restarted?

Cheers,
Colin

Hal Abelson

Aug 15, 2015, 7:58:26 PM8/15/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thanks for the suggestion.

I added keyboard to configChanges, and this should be out in a near-term release.