Problem with renaming package name

Shahrooz

Feb 21, 2016, 5:06:16 PM2/21/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi,

I need to change my package name to get rid of my email address and I read and follow the procedure step by step in this tutorial by Tuifan: https://puravidaapps.com/packagename.php
Also, I've seen that Tuifan said: Wait until the file is decompiled, this takes a while!

but the problem is I've waited ridiculously for more than 4 hours and the decompiling didn't finished.
It stuck in the appname.jar building process and no move!

I've downloaded the new version of APK Studio and its working find and fast, but it doesn't generate Jar file.

What should I do now? is there any other application to give me the jar file.

Thanks,

Shahrooz

Feb 22, 2016, 4:15:35 AM2/22/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Update:

I've tried some other solutions like decompileandroid.com but this one also stuck in decompiling the APK.
Then I've tried javadecompilers.com/apk and it gave me the decompiled files but there is nor jar file neither src (source) and as I tested on APK studio, it cannot recompile this folder.

I've tried the Manager.apk from Tuifan sample and APK studio decompiled it easily. So, I reckon that there is some component in my APK which cause the problem.
I don't have any Texting component in th app, so I have no idea what else can be the cause.

Also, new apk studio can decompile the file but that one also, doesn't have src folder (and jar file)

Please help :(

Taifun

Feb 22, 2016, 10:49:38 AM2/22/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
which components are you using? as you have seen, the texting component might be a problem... probably the renaming also does not work for other components...
Taifun

Shahrooz

Feb 22, 2016, 11:33:08 AM2/22/16
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Taifun,

These are my components: web, notifier, clock, activity starter, fusion table, sound and sharing.

I have 4 screen which the first one is empty literally. The app connects to fusion table and loading some simple texts in text box. One page is splash screen and another is about. That's all!

So, do you know any other way instead of apk studio?

Thanks,

Shahrooz

Feb 22, 2016, 11:53:36 AM2/22/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Just a question...

Does it matter if same component in different screen has same name? e.g. I have Notifier1 in screen2 and screen3. Does it have any problem?

Taifun

Feb 22, 2016, 12:08:57 PM2/22/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Does it matter if same component in different screen has same name?
I don't think so, Shoohraz...

probably it's the sharing component? just a guess...
to find it out, as test remove the Sharing component from the project, then try again

Taifun

Shahrooz

Feb 22, 2016, 12:16:35 PM2/22/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
yea I was thinking of it and I've removed it but no success.. still stucking with no error

Taifun

Feb 22, 2016, 12:53:58 PM2/22/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
next guess: activity starter
Taifun

Shahrooz

Feb 22, 2016, 1:16:02 PM2/22/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Actually, I have many buttons which are working with ActivityStarter... I can't remove it from the app even it be the cause.. but I don't think that is the cause because its not a complicated component in the way I use.. just opening some apps! BTW, I will give it a shot now..

Shahrooz

Feb 22, 2016, 1:33:31 PM2/22/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Taifun,

I've found it fortunately/unfortunately .. It's fusion table control!! and its the core of my app.. I don't want to change it to anything else because I wanna keep the content up to date and its the best and simplest way to do that. Is it possible to do it with other tools such as eclipse or android studio?

Taifun

Feb 22, 2016, 2:20:12 PM2/22/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I can offer this solution, which uses the web component and OAuth
Taifun

Shahrooz

Feb 22, 2016, 3:04:30 PM2/22/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Taifun,

Thanks for the suggestion... I think I have to go for it if I want to change the package name... but its a long way there... uuh!