Eldon Beix

Dec 1, 2017, 11:54:37 PM12/1/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
does anyone else think it would be useful to have a "Comment" block that allows one to comment their code and have it show without having to click in a question mark. I think doing so would make code much easier to understand.

Is there a way to do this now that I have missed or otherwise not found ?
.

Phil Nickols

Dec 2, 2017, 7:27:07 AM12/2/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Great idea, I was only thinking this tonight.

There is a requirement to use as few screens as possible, so I'd use comments to group up blocks of text - more about managing the block workflow than commenting lines of code, but same principle.

Abraham Getzler

Dec 2, 2017, 12:41:22 PM12/2/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
See attached for two ways to do it.
ABG
Capture.PNG

Al Beix

Dec 3, 2017, 10:33:07 PM12/3/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi Abe

Thx for responding.

Your suggestion will work but it adds additional code (size) to a program. What I was thinking of is a block that is not compiled but resides in the block source file as a comment only.