Can't log into App Inventor

Assigned to j...@mit.edu by jeffrey....@gmail.com

D B

Jan 20, 2019, 4:42:11 AM1/20/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
When I log in to the app inventor page an  error message appears saying

"An internal error has occurred. Report a bug?"

I can't access any of my projects : (

Help please...

Cheers, David

ABG

Jan 20, 2019, 1:30:42 PM1/20/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
It sounds like the last project you worked on was corrupted,
and you are trapped by AI2 trying to load the last project you worked on
at login time.

I'm going to bounce this thread to MIT, where some
one will hopefully reset your session.

You will probably need to tell MIT your login ID.

ABg

Chris Ward

Jan 20, 2019, 1:41:19 PM1/20/19
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hi David

This is the unfortunate consequence of App Inventor auto-loading the last Project worked on. If the Project gets corrupted (on save, or a rare AI file fault), auto-load can't load it and grrrrrrrr.

You can try:
  • Clearing the Browser Cache
  • Closing all tabs except App Inventor (no competition for bandwidth)
  • Using a different Browser (For nb174, the best choices are Chrome and FireFox)
If you regularly backup your Projects to your PC, then you could create another App Inventor account with a different email address temporarily whilst waiting for the original account to be rescued by MIT.

jeffrey.schiller

Jan 20, 2019, 3:46:14 PM1/20/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Can you login now? I checked your account and all looks well.

-Jeff

Emanuele Grugni

Jan 21, 2019, 11:02:18 AM1/21/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Buongiorno a tutti
ho un problemma piuttosto grave.
Da qualche giorno i miei progetti salvati in app inventor non si installano piu' sul telefono android, mi viene fuori che l'applicazione si è bloccata quando cerco di aprirla, qualcuno puo' aiutarmi?

Nathan garpiya

Oct 18, 2019, 3:57:58 AM10/18/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
hello Jeff,
I am afraid I have the same problem too. i can't log into app inventor.

 Please kindly help

- Nathan
app inventor.JPG

TimAI2

Oct 18, 2019, 4:02:56 AM10/18/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Try again, it is definitely there and running
Check your network / internet settings

Nathan garpiya

Oct 18, 2019, 5:17:31 AM10/18/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Nope. Still can't reach it. can you delete the last app I was working on?

jeffrey.schiller

Oct 18, 2019, 10:07:44 AM10/18/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
A network connection timeout is a networking problem. Your browser isn't getting through the App Inventor at all. You may need to check with your internet service provider for help.

-Jeff

SteveJG

Oct 18, 2019, 10:32:49 AM10/18/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
@Nathan    What browser are you using?   Do not use Edge, it often does now work with App Inventor 2.  If you are using Edge, consider trying a Chrome or Firefox browser.

Nathan garpiya

Oct 18, 2019, 5:21:21 PM10/18/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I am using Chrome.

SteveJG

Oct 18, 2019, 5:25:07 PM10/18/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Ok Nathan, so no easy fix.   Are you using a plug in or a virus checker that is blocking mit?    Are you attempting to log in using perhaps a public server or a school network?  What happens if you try accessing the web page from a home router?

Nathan garpiya

Oct 18, 2019, 5:27:08 PM10/18/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Dear Jeffrey,
I have tried for the last 48 hours to log in. Please kindly advise on the next step as my ISP cannot guarantee full broadband. please kindly delete any app I had in my account to reduce the points of trouble shooting
Best Regards
Nathan