Assigned to farzeen....@gmail.com by steve....@gmail.com

Ukela Alred

Jun 15, 2018, 3:26:39 PM6/15/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I recently learned that App inventor was in the App store and that I could download it and see the work that I have already done in app inventor. If this is true, I'd love to see a set of instructions on how to make that happen. The app doesn't seem to have a clear route to view/run the apps I've previously completed.  Does anyone know how I can run my apps on iOS now?

Appinventor class spring 2018 UA.PNG

TimAI2

Jun 16, 2018, 5:20:01 AM6/16/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
"I recently learned that App inventor was in the App store"

Where? This is not the case, for Ai2.

The MIT team are working on an IOS version for schools, and hope to release something in August.

You might look at the Thunkable IOS solution, but you would need to completely rebuild you apps, and not all the functionality you may need is developed yet.

Farzeen Harunani

Jun 16, 2018, 4:01:59 PM6/16/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi,
We're currently working on the iOS port. We plan for this to be ready for the upcoming 2018-2019 school year. Once this is up and running, you will have to make no changes to your app--just download the iOS Companion app from the store!
If you want a quicker option, Thunkable X is a solution that allows you to build cross-platform apps, but I would be cautious. Make sure you read the fine print.
Let me know if you have more questions!
Farzeen

Abraham Getzler

Jun 17, 2018, 12:13:18 PM6/17/18