Jacques Dumarest

Jan 4, 2018, 4:39:38 AM1/4/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
 Hello,

 I want to use App Inventor BLE extension, but when I import the extension (from: http://appinventor.mit.edu/extensions/) the version I get is the old one, not in line with the documentation at: http://iot.appinventor.mit.edu/#/bluetoothle/bluetoothleintro

 Could you let me know where I can get the latest BLE extension to import/upgrade mine

 Thanks

 Jacques Dumarest

Evan Patton

Jan 4, 2018, 8:52:55 AM1/4/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi Jacques,

The link on the extensions page points to the version on the IOT site, so double check that you are uploading the right version of the extension. The filename is edu.mit.appinventor.ble.aix when you download it.

Regards,
Evan

Jacques Dumarest

Jan 4, 2018, 9:28:12 AM1/4/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
 Hi Evan,

Thanks for your feedback.

-  If I import BLE extension from: http://appinventor.mit.edu/extensions/ in a new project, I get the new version, but twhen I click on "?", I get: "Version 2"
- I got an example, and with it I get Version "20170818" ?
 See attached screenshot

 How can I check the version of the extension?

 Thanks & Best Regards,

 Jacques

2018-01-04_152111.jpg
2018-01-04_152044.jpg

Evan Patton

Jan 4, 2018, 9:42:22 AM1/4/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi Jacques,

Version 2 is the officially published version. Apps with the newer version numbers are beta versions with various bugfixes that have been disseminated to developers. All future BLE releases will be versioned using the YYYYMMDD scheme you see for the newer version of the extension.

Regards,
Evan

Abraham Getzler

Jan 4, 2018, 12:23:26 PM1/4/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Javier Calvo

Jan 4, 2018, 2:29:08 PM1/4/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi Evan...

I have a knowed problem (Failed resolution of: Lcom/google/common/collect/Lists;). In this case, I'm trying to conect by BLE with a Sbrick.

In simulation mode, all run OK. But with the APK, when starting the block "make a list" then the app broken. And appears the warning.

Do you have any solution of this issue?

Thanks.

Javier

Evan Patton

Jan 4, 2018, 3:42:44 PM1/4/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi Javier,

You can try BLE v2.1rc4, which you can download from here.

Evan

P.S. In the future, please don't hijack threads.