certificate error in Google Play uploading AI Classic app updated in AI2

Assigned to jeffrey....@gmail.com by me

flldynami...@gmail.com

May 18, 2014, 8:32:50 AM5/18/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com

I have recreated an MIT App Inventor Classic app using  MIT App Inventor 2.
The original app was previously published on Google Play.
I am trying to upload the new apk to Google Play for beta testing, but am encountering the error message below.
I generated the new APK using AI2 Build App (save apk to my computer) function, and then tried to upload the saved file.
I was not asked for a package name when I created the apk.
I assume this problem is related to the fact that original app was created in AI Classic.
Is there a step I missed?
Is there any way to apply the original certificate and if so, where do I find it and how do I apply it?
Would appreciate any help/guidance for this problem.
Thanks

UPLOAD NEW APK TO BETA

Upload failed

You uploaded an APK that is signed with a different certificate to your previous APKs. You must use the same certificate. Your existing APKs are signed with the certificate(s) with fingerprint(s):

[ SHA1: 59:34:55:CC:78:8A:4F:87:5E:08:44:92:62:03:2E:24:A1:F6:88:2F ]
and the certificate(s) used to sign the APK you uploaded have fingerprint(s):
[ SHA1: 84:76:C7:B5:13:12:22:08:92:37:7D:06:CD:75:FE:79:82:D0:0D:69 ]

Your APK needs to have the package name appinventor.ai_rmhamh.tree.

Taifun

May 18, 2014, 9:02:35 AM5/18/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
your login name must be rmhamh and your project name must be tree
Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets and Tutorials from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

flldynami...@gmail.com

May 18, 2014, 9:14:59 AM5/18/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Could you clarify?
Are you referring to the login name for AI2 or for the Google Play store?
Do I need to reset my Google account to change the login name for either?
Thanks

flldynami...@gmail.com

May 18, 2014, 9:34:55 AM5/18/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Several other observations:
Renaming the project name tree does not be itself solve the problem.
The error message also references appinventor.ai_ , which I assume is a tag representing AI classic.
Does AI2 use a different tag and could this be (part of) the problem?

jeffrey.schiller

May 18, 2014, 9:42:45 AM5/18/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
[Note: This may be a duplicate message. The first time I replied the message just disappeared, which means it may re-appear :-) ]

When you package an App with App Inventor, it signs the App with a key associated with your account. The issue here is that App Inventor Classic and AI2 have separate storage for your account, so you have two different keys. What you need to do is download your key from App Inventor Classic and upload it to AI2. Then when you package an App with AI2, it will be able to update the App built with App Inventor Classic. You will also need to increment the "versionCode" property for the App (you can find that in the designer for your Screen1 screen).

I recommend that you download both keys (they are stored in a file named "android.keystore") from both systems and keep them as a backup. First download the keystore file from App Inventor Classic. Go to "My Projects" and select "Download keystore" from the "More Actions" menu. Then go to AI2 and download its keystore file by going to the "Export Keystore" choice in the "Project Menu". Make sure you save it into a different file then the copy you downloaded from App Inventor Classic. (THIS IS IMPORTANT).

Once you are satisfied that you have saved both keys, take the App Inventor Classic keystore file and upload it to AI2 (via "Project"->"Import Keystore"). Once you do this, Apps you package with AI2 will be signed with the same key as the Apps you package with App Inventor Classic.

-Jeff

Taifun

May 18, 2014, 9:43:43 AM5/18/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
the first part of the package name is always the same for App Inventor projects appinventor.ai_ then follows your gmail login name and then after the . follows the App Inventor project name
example: appinventor.ai_taifunbaer.caturday
Taifun

flldynami...@gmail.com

May 18, 2014, 10:33:53 AM5/18/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Jeff:

Thanks. This resolved the certificate portion of the error.
I now get the error message below.
Per Taifun, this would indicate that I need to change my log in name.
What puzzles me is I dont ever recall having had rmhamh as a login name.
I do have an rmh-amh email account.
Do you know if Google have dropped the hyphen?
How would (should)  I transfer the AI2 app to a different user account?
Thanks
Bob

UPLOAD NEW APK TO BETA

Upload failed

Your APK needs to have the package name appinventor.ai_rmhamh.tree.

flldynami...@gmail.com

May 18, 2014, 10:35:17 AM5/18/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.
Please see my replay to jeffrey.schiller

jeffrey.schiller

May 18, 2014, 3:58:49 PM5/18/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
I suspect that the hyphen is dropped. You will need to login to that account. First download your keystore (again) along with the source of your project "Project"->"Export my project to this computer (.aia)" (or something like that). Then important it to the other account along with the keystore.

-Jeff