Build Failed, server error

Assigned to ewpa...@gmail.com by aget...@gmail.com

ndrorian

Sep 4, 2019, 7:39:17 PM9/4/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
My App, Tiger2A, is only 680 KB on disk and I am NOT able to build my app. My last change was removing Taifun Tools, Taifun TM and Custom list extensions.

I am getting the "Build Failed, server error" message and the window shown in the image below. I tried the code.appinventor.mit.edu but that server also gives the same errors.

I have read the other posts about failed builds but I'm lost for now.

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 4.04.55 PM.png

ABG

Sep 4, 2019, 10:43:48 PM9/4/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Was your project from another AI2 spinoff like Thunkable?
Post an .aia file here for us to look at.
ABG

ndrorian

Sep 5, 2019, 12:30:49 AM9/5/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi ABG,

I found what happened is that I deleted an extension from screen1 that was used in Screen2, without first deleting the extension component from Screen2. In other words deleting the extension from screen1 DID NOT DELETE THE COMPONENT FROM SCREEN 2 LEAVING AN EXTENSION WITH NO BASE.

Afterwards I could not even open my app anymore but Luckily I had a Checkpoint from yesterday that I have gone back to and have to retrofit all the coding changes I made today from memory.

Thank you for your quick response

ABG

Sep 5, 2019, 2:38:42 PM9/5/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thanks for letting us know what the problem was
and how it happened.

This is the first time I've heard of this
project corruption loophole, so I'm
assigning this topic to MIT for their bug list.

Thanks again,
ABG

ABG

Sep 5, 2019, 2:47:01 PM9/5/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
(added to App Inventor Issues section of FAQ)
ABG

Evan Patton

Sep 5, 2019, 4:55:16 PM9/5/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thanks for reporting this. I have confirmed the bug and it is now being tracked as issue 1818.

Regards,
Evan