using Web Viewer to open a website but cannot open video in youtube (only sound)

Amirul Hariz Yunus

Jul 4, 2017, 11:39:27 PM7/4/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hai there,

I need some assistance regarding web viewer in MIT app Intentor 2. I'm using a Web Viewer to link with my site that have video embed from youtube. As result, I can open the site but then when I click to the video, I can only hear the sound with black screen. is there any setting or coding that I need to do. really need assistance

Thank you

Juan Antonio

Jul 5, 2017, 4:12:40 AM7/5/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Taifun

Jul 5, 2017, 9:51:03 AM7/5/17
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
To be able to play Youtube videos in the webviewer, you have to edit the manifest and add android:targetSdkVersion="14" or higher. Thank you Boban!

You can use AppToMarket or ApkModder to do this

see also

Taifun

Amirul Hariz Yunus

Jul 5, 2017, 9:47:06 PM7/5/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thank you for replying my post. I just try to do so but doesn't worked. My apps crash after installed. There's 2 files with the name AndroidManifest.xml. In root folder and "original" folder. I can edit file in root folder but couldn't edit file in "original" folder. Do you have other solution?

Amirul Hariz Yunus

Jul 5, 2017, 9:48:14 PM7/5/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thank you replying my post. is there any solution for this kind of problems beside of activitystarter?

Taifun

Jul 5, 2017, 9:53:54 PM7/5/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
 I just try to do so but doesn't worked. My apps crash after installed.
the answer was not about activity starter, it was about using a third party solution

you might want to ask in the forum of the third party solution you tried, which is