moon

Jan 5, 2019, 5:20:30 PM1/5/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi there,

I'm in a situation in which I can't publish my App on Google play as I need to get  the green light from my University, therefore during this testing period where a group of persons are testing before letting me publishing
I need to ensure that my App is able to update itself. Basically to allow the testers to see the changes they ask for.

I've seen an option here (https://sites.google.com/site/theairepository/faq/how-to-s/auto-updater) however it's using an old version of AppInventor and wonder if someone re-built it or did the conversion as the aia is not available as far as I can see.

Have to admit that I'm not good enough at the Activity starter yet.

Any tip/help ?

Thx in advance

Taifun

Jan 9, 2019, 9:28:12 AM1/9/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
what about using the Google Play Alpha and Beta test feature?

you can upload an app as test and provide it to your test group easily without publishing it for everyone

Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

ABG

Jan 9, 2019, 10:49:14 AM1/9/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum

moon