Finding hidden error or warning icons using Chrome Web Browser Inspector

TFO

Mar 9, 2019, 10:24:44 AM3/9/19
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Trick: Finding hidden error or warning icons using Chrome Web Browser Sometimes an abandoned block/element is behind another block and can be hard to locate.

You can search for the HTML class name of the icons and have it highlighted by Google Chrome Web Browser - Inspector Open Chrome Inspector (ctrl+shift+I) select the Elements tab and press ctrl+F to search in the html code while the Appinventor screen is visible. In the Chrome Inspector Elements search field, type either blocklyErrorIconX or blocklyWarningIconMark. Crome will flash a popup in the browser where the icons are in use and you can move within the search result with an up/down spinner.

ABG

Mar 9, 2019, 5:08:57 PM3/9/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum

TimAI2

Mar 9, 2019, 6:02:07 PM3/9/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Doesn't work for me on Chromium...

Boban Vukovic

Mar 9, 2019, 8:24:06 PM3/9/19
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Doesnt work for me either,however if I type blocklyWarningIconGroup it does find all the warnings(havent tried with errors,only warnings and Show Warnings should be clicked)

EDIT     It does work for errors

TimAI2

Mar 10, 2019, 6:59:20 AM3/10/19
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
After further trials

I have to use CTRL + SHFT + j    to open the Console/Inspector - could be platform dependent ?
  1. Show Warnings HAS TO BE TICKED
  2. For the yellow triangles use blockyWarningIconGroup
  3. For red circles use blocklyErrorIconX
Thanks TFO for the tip

Chris Ward

Mar 27, 2019, 4:12:46 PM3/27/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
...This also works in FireFox: ctrl+shift+I