Jon Zie

Dec 29, 2015, 11:49:46 AM12/29/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
hello guys and mit inventor developers

I'm trying to make a game using mit app inventor 2 but I got issue when I trying to make my canvas larger than my screen height and width

is it possible ??????????????
in anyway ?

THANK YOU

Scott Ferguson

Dec 29, 2015, 12:59:39 PM12/29/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Yes.
In the Screen Designer, on the Right select Screen1, then set it's horizontal and vertical alignment properties to center.
The Canvas will now extend beyond the edges of the screen.
Set your Canvas size to the desired dimensions, however, there is a limit to how large it can be due to memory limitations.
My experience is that a memory error occurs for canvases that are greater than about 3 x the screen width and height.
I have successfully made them 2.5 x screen width and height.
Here are some example projects I have developed that have canvases larger than the screen dimensions:
---
sf

Jon Zie

Dec 29, 2015, 4:10:35 PM12/29/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Thank You Mr Scott Excellent very and informative answer
actually 2.5 x is very cool and enough

actually I got one more issue when I set the 2.5 x or less for the canvas height for ex
in the screen.initialize its for some reason not take it
but if I give the command after in some another function after the initialize its working I not sure why, but for now I'll try to figure this out alone
thank you again

Scott Ferguson

Dec 29, 2015, 6:38:00 PM12/29/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
This is a common problem when something that affects the updating or refreshing of the screen is involved.
I sometimes put the blocks that update the screen display inside a Clock Timer event block in these cases.
Even with a TimerInterval set to 0 it seems to give the app time to update the display.
At the bottom of the Clock Timer block put a TimerEnabled to false block to stop the clock from running more than one cycle.
---
sf

Jon Zie

Dec 30, 2015, 6:16:29 AM12/30/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
aha got it thank you for this nice tip and solution