New extension: SMB Manager

Jörg Hüneburg

Apr 5, 2017, 11:34:45 AM4/5/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi fellow app inventors,

This is my first public extension, which can do the following:

  • List all files and folders of smb share (windows shared folder)
  • Copy a local file to smb share
I hope to add more functionality soon. Feel free to criticize , report bugs or share your ideas for improvement.
I'm not a Java pro, so there still could be some bugs, don't use it for production yet!!

To accomplish this extension I used the jcifs library which is also used in all major Android file managers that support smb.
SMBManager.png
com.melikeymedia.SMBManager.aix

Tim Carter

Apr 5, 2017, 1:22:19 PM4/5/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Well done Jörg!

I guess the best bit of functionality would be to be able to "play/open" a file on the smb using activity starter or onboard players (e.g. pdf, mp3 or mkv)

Maybe already allows for this?

Tim

Abraham Getzler

Apr 5, 2017, 2:09:57 PM4/5/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Jörg Hüneburg

Apr 5, 2017, 2:27:31 PM4/5/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thanks, Tim!

Good idea, I wanted to add download functionality anyways, streaming seems to be similar. I'll check into it

Taifun

Apr 5, 2017, 3:45:11 PM4/5/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
great! keep up the good work!
Taifun

Taifun

Apr 17, 2017, 10:10:26 AM4/17/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Version 2 of the SMB manager extension has been posted here https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mitappinventortest/ilbNL4dnZx0/lqmvJEKnAgAJ

Taifun

Genesio Conti

Dec 9, 2019, 3:25:18 AM12/9/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hello Jorg,
it is not so much clear how to set the destination path and where by default the extension store a downloaded file.
Can u publish an example ? eg.
i set the source path to /192.168.0.42/Shared/abc.txt
where does the extension places the downloaded file and which is the syntax to store it in makeroid folder or sdcard folder ?
Thank you so much
Gene