Adnan Karahmet

Jun 18, 2018, 5:11:30 PM6/18/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I created my first app, and also I tested it on my phone, and all is ok with it. After I download it to my PC and wanted to upload to google play store I get this message:

"Target API level requirements from August 2018

Warning:

Your app currently targets API level 7 and must target at least API level 26 to ensure it is built on the latest APIs optimized for security and performance.

From August 2018, new apps must target at least Android 8.0 (API level 26).
From November 2018, app updates must target Android 8.0 (API level 26).

Tip:

Change your app's target API level. Learn how."

Can you tell me what is wrong, and how and where to set up API level from 7 to 26.

SteveJG

Jun 18, 2018, 11:10:46 PM6/18/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Nothing is wrong.  Google wants the latest apps to have a higher security level.    See this post  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/mitappinventortest/pAfTbUs0LQU ,

You do not need to do anything.  MIT will make the required changes to the compiler by August.  When they announce the changes, recompile you app and post.

Adnan Karahmet

Jun 19, 2018, 6:03:50 AM6/19/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I cant publish app to play store until August ( 2 months from now) is there any other solution to publish it ?

SteveJG

Jun 19, 2018, 8:03:05 AM6/19/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
You can publish it now. In August, you may or may not have to update the app with a version using the new version of App Inventor MIT that will set a minimum API of 26.  They  will post that version sometime prior to August.

Abraham Getzler

Jun 19, 2018, 9:20:46 AM6/19/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum