Leslie Leung

Apr 20, 2017, 1:04:30 PM4/20/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I am trying to use AppInventor with my Microbit while I found both of them can communicate using BLE with extension.

But I have question in the following:
- i am not be to located my microbit MAC address
- when I start the BLE scanning, is there any method to return the available device in a list picker and I just click the device and return the MAC address to connect
- I am also a bit confused that the UUID generation and is that the mobile device dependent or it is unique from other program is good enough

Neil Kenyon

Apr 21, 2017, 12:16:48 PM4/21/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi @Leslie.

Here is the design and the blocks I use all the time to establish a connection to my micro:bit.
I have also attached the blocks for the simple .PXT program to load on to the micro:bit.

I hope these help.

When you want to actually communicate with the micro:bit, you must uses the UUIDs as published in the BLE Profile.

Neil
AppInventor BLE scan choose connect DESIGN.jpg
AppInventor BLE Simple Connection blocks.png
microbit-Bluetooth-test-connection.jpg

Neil Kenyon

Apr 21, 2017, 3:12:54 PM4/21/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
@Leslie

Here are some links you might find useful:

Note that the UUIDs must include dashes "-"  in appropriate places, so that, for example:

E95D0753251D470AA062FA1922DFA9A8

becomes:

E95D0753-251D-470A-A062-FA1922DFA9A8

I hope this helps

Neil

Ghica

Apr 22, 2017, 9:36:38 AM4/22/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Great! I think ABG should add this to his FAQ.
One remark though.
I do not like this 1-17 thing. You could also code this as the blocks below.

Cheers, Ghica.

Abraham Getzler

Apr 22, 2017, 8:52:54 PM4/22/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum