James

Dec 30, 2017, 9:22:33 PM12/30/17
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Ok so I have tried ALL the tutorials out there and changed them around and I cannot get a login screen with sign up and change password without using tinywebdb. I want this app to work without the internet. I want to just use either "File" or "TinyDB"  I like this setup (see pic) and would be happy if I could get it to only allow one user to register and be able to reset the password. Basically once the user registers the "Sign Up" button turns invisible. but can reset the password with questions or other info stored in the app from the sign up page. Any help would be great. I've almost finished my first big (to me) app and I can't thank you all enough.
password.PNG

Abraham Getzler

Dec 31, 2017, 1:15:50 PM12/31/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
You have your TinyDB tags and values bass ackwards.

Also, you let a .TextColor block slip in where you needed a .Text block.

See the attached attempt to correct your image using Paint.

The idea is to use 'pass' as your tag for the password, and 'user' as the tag for the user name.
The Registration screen should solicit those and store them under the aforementioned tags.
There is no need to pass them from screen to screen, just look for them in TinyDB under their proscribed tags.

ABG

password.png

Abraham Getzler

Dec 31, 2017, 2:21:13 PM12/31/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I whipped up a single screen login/register template for you.
See attached.
ABG

startApp.PNG
tcbPassword.PNG