Sriharsha Ghanta

Jun 7, 2016, 7:28:53 AM6/7/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Can anyone help me in connecting Bluetooth 4.0 (HM-10 Module) with an APP made by MIT APP INVENTOR 2 ?? I was able to connect normal Bluetooth module (HC-06 ) but unable to connect HM-10.

Thanks for any advice..!!

mateq...@op.pl

Jun 7, 2016, 7:33:11 AM6/7/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
hi, i have hc-06 and i have problem to send text to robot bt maybe you can help?

Taifun

Jun 7, 2016, 10:36:48 AM6/7/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
for BLE you can try to help testing the new BLE component

more information see here
Test instance:

Release Notes:

Taifun

Abraham Getzler

Jun 7, 2016, 11:02:42 AM6/7/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I see complaints about HM-10 knock-offs on Amazon.
It would be wise to try to connect to your HM-10 with an off the shelf BT app from the Play Store first, to verify it is okay before bringing in AI2 to the party.

Sriharsha Ghanta

Jun 8, 2016, 4:08:57 AM6/8/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thank You Taifun.

I tried an example app but it was not compiling.
Can you share your example app project file with us?

It will be more useful if get an project file.

Thanks..

Sriharsha Ghanta

Jun 8, 2016, 4:10:25 AM6/8/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I have connected with the Apps available in Play store. The module works fine.
So I'm trying it to implement with my App.

Thanks

Sriharsha Ghanta

Jun 8, 2016, 4:15:44 AM6/8/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
mateq...@op.pl

Check the screenshot..!!

You can change those numbers and send what ever text you want..!!
mit.PNG

Ghica

Jun 8, 2016, 9:15:19 AM6/8/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
@mateq
The HC-06 is the old BT component, and it works with the existing Bluetooth module. There are plenty of examples in this forum on how to use it.
For a simple app on how to setup BT in App inventor, looke here http://puravidaapps.com/btchat.php
You also need an appropriate sketch in your BT device. It depends on what you want to do with it...
@sriharsa I find the naming of your components quite confusing. SCANNING is a listpicker I suppose?

For BLE use the new experimental BLE module to be found on ai2-test.appinventor.mit.edu which is in testing.
Cheers, Ghica.

Sriharsha Ghanta

Jun 9, 2016, 3:58:13 AM6/9/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
@Ghica  Thank you. I was using this ai2-test.appinventor.mit.edu to make an APP which can send and receive data from Arduino UNO. I was successful till some extent. I was able to connect to BLE module using my app but I was unable to send or receive data from module.

What are service ID and Characteristic ID to be given in order to read and write data??

Please help to do this....

Thank you

Ghica

Jun 9, 2016, 4:08:03 AM6/9/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Sriharsha,
If you have a HC-06 attached to your Arduino UNO, then you CAN NOT USE the new BLE component. Go to ai2.appinventor.mit.edu, the production server and use the BluetoothClient, found in the Connectivity category. If you have something else attached to  your Arduino UNO, then tell what it is and whether it supoorts BLE.
As a said, there are many examples in the forum on how to use the HC-06 0r HC-05 with App Inventor.
Cheers, Ghica.

Sriharsha Ghanta

Jun 9, 2016, 4:45:00 AM6/9/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Ghica,

I'm using HM-10 module which BLE.
I want to make an app that can send and receive data from Arduino via this module. I was able to connect it via my app using BLE in MIT App inventor.
But I'm unable to send data through it.

Please help me...

Ghica

Jun 9, 2016, 5:04:57 AM6/9/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Sriharsha,
You know as much as I do at this point. I have an Arduino 101 and I am able to connect it, but at this point I have no time to experiment further.

Sorry, you will have to wait for a while. The BLE component is due to be released by the end of next week in the Experimental category. There will be more documentation available then I hope.
Cheers, Ghica.

Ghica

Jun 9, 2016, 9:31:00 AM6/9/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
If you are able to read this, this is a pointer to the future BLE documentation:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y2Jk90BRskLKw3ex3yvftBmaEm7kyCcVCQy8yGAmtA4/mobilebasic#heading=h.mfvb33rntcnn
Cheers, Ghica