Streaming error using 1.1 version

Binoy Daniel

Apr 5, 2013, 9:57:28 PM4/5/13
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Hi

 I installed the latest released version 1.1, when i start a stream i am getting an error for viewing the video
"We are having problem with playback, we apologise for inconvenience"
When i changed the mist server static binaries on 1.1 pre it streamed sound in good quality but no video.

Last week using 1.1pre release I was able to stream but not with 1.1 release

OS Ubuntu 12.04 64bit

Please help

Thanks in advance.
Daniel

Jaron Vietor

Apr 6, 2013, 9:06:42 AM4/6/13
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Hello Daniel,

Strange...
What happens if you try to connect a browser directly to the video URL, instead of using flash player?
Flash is notorious for giving very unhelpful error messages - the text printed in the browser window will probably be more clear in pointing out what the problem is.

Regards,
Jaron

Daniel

Binoy Daniel

Apr 8, 2013, 5:07:02 PM4/8/13
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jaron,

I reinstalled, recompiled but no luck..on the log it does not show any error message either..
I installed debian 64 server version  and installed the package available on mistserver site..only sound can be heard but no video...some time 2sec video....I am struck..

Please advice..

Thanks,
Daniel.

Jaron Vietor

Apr 8, 2013, 5:14:47 PM4/8/13
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Hello Daniel,

Have you tried the latest development build?
It includes several bugfixes, which we will be releasing as version 1.1.1 shortly.

If the problem still occurs in the development build, could you create a wireshark log of the failed attempt so I can make an attempt to analyse the problem?

Thanks,
Jaron

Nerijus Kazlauskas

Apr 9, 2013, 6:15:39 AM4/9/13
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
We have same problem with rtmp and trying to build from git dev sources but fail on java: not found for mistserver. There were no issues with 1.1 so does it mean java will be needed to build server from now on? Also could you please advise when are you planning 1.1.1 release?
Thanks

Jaron Vietor

Apr 9, 2013, 6:33:24 AM4/9/13
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Java is only needed to minimize the javascripts that are compiled into the server. (We're not happy with this requirement, and looking for a better way to do this.)
The dist packages always come with the javascript pre-minimized, so they do not require java to compile. If you want to prevent the need to have java installed on a server system, you could run "make dist" on a desktop machine and use the resulting dist package to compile on the server system.

The 1.1.1 release is coming very soon - mostly likely today or tomorrow, if all goes well (waiting for the final OK from the testing team).

Regards,
Jaron

Nerijus Kazlauskas

Apr 9, 2013, 7:38:35 AM4/9/13
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jaron,

Just wanted to say I am using FreeBSD 8.x and make dist fails but that's ok. I hope mistserver 1.1.1 will compile smoothly on FreeBSD same way as 1.1 did.

Binoy Daniel

Apr 10, 2013, 7:03:07 AM4/10/13
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jaron,

Latest development build seems to be working OK, but it does not play on Android device using the mistserver/stream_name.js script, it work OK on Desktop but bit heavy though...

Thanks again,
Daniel

Malte Blättermann

Apr 10, 2013, 7:41:41 AM4/10/13
to mists...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jaron,

Latest development build seems to be working OK, but it does not play on Android device using the mistserver/stream_name.js script, it work OK on Desktop but bit heavy though...

On Android just use the progressive FLV (best results for me) : Create a link (<a>) pointing to /[streamname].flv - Android detect MimeType and suggests you to use one of the native players.
Works with 4.2 here.

Jaron Vietor

Apr 10, 2013, 9:48:07 AM4/10/13
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Daniel: I'll pass this on to the testing team and will make sure they re-check Android support in the embed script.

Malte: Really? Nice - I didn't know that trick. Good to know, thanks!

Binoy Daniel

May 31, 2013, 3:02:19 PM5/31/13
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jaron,

I think still the Android having issues...please update the java script ASAP please.

Thanks,
Binoy

Jaron Vietor

May 31, 2013, 9:22:33 PM5/31/13
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Hello Binoy,

The script is getting some updates/fixes in the next few days (mostly in preparation for the 1.2 release - but some of the fixes will be backported to 1.1 as well) and I'll make sure this is included with those.

Regards,
Jaron

Binoy Daniel

Jun 1, 2013, 6:45:34 AM6/1/13
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jaron,

Thanks for the updates..I am trying to doing a live streaming but even iphone also not showing videos..it starting with a single image and then struck..it will not show anything more..
How to resolve it..

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Jaron Vietor

Jun 1, 2013, 7:31:56 AM6/1/13
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Hello Binoy,

Are you using the correct encoding parameters for iPhone? Apple devices are quite picky in what they will accept as video.
Try using one of the encoding parameters as given here:

If all else fails, just wait until next week and try the development builds then - we've changed a *lot* of code, so many old issues will be gone.

Regards,
Jaron

Binoy Daniel

Jun 1, 2013, 10:22:05 AM6/1/13
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jaron,

I am using mistserver default embed java script (http://site.com:8080/play/stream_name.js)
You want me to add the command string into the js and test?

Thanks,
Daniel

Jaron Vietor

Jun 1, 2013, 3:27:32 PM6/1/13
to mists...@googlegroups.com
Hello Binoy,

No - these are stream settings.
If you are streaming VoD, make sure your files use those settings (or very close to it) or they won't play well on Apple devices. You can use the commands described there to convert your files to the right encoding (and then afterwards convert to DTSC, of course). The 1.2 release also includes file conversion support and can help you do this in a few clicks.
If you are streaming live the same applies, but you'll have to input these settings in your broadcasting application, instead. How that works depends on what application you're using so I can't give generic instructions for that.

Regards,
Jaron