iOS 12.1 Beta Includes Fix for iOS 12 iPhone and iPad Charging Issue

Jolly Roger

Oct 3, 2018, 10:01:59 AM10/3/18
Another NothingburgerGate squashed, and in only three days this time.
YAWN...

iOS 12.1 Beta Includes Fix for iOS 12 iPhone and iPad Charging Issue

The second beta of iOS 12.1, which was released this morning, includes a
fix for a charging issue affecting the iPhone XS, XS Max, and other iOS
devices.

Discovered following the launch of the two new iPhones and highlighted over
the weekend, the charging bug causes some iPhone and iPad devices to refuse
to charge over a Lightning connection when the screen is not activated.

According to iMore's Rene Ritchie, the new iOS 12.1 beta fixes the issue so
iOS users will no longer need to double check to make sure their devices
are charging after being plugged in.

The bug does not affect all iPhones and iPads, but those who are impacted
have seen their devices fail to charge over Lightning when plugged in while
the iPhone is asleep.

Tapping the iPhone to wake it up in this situation resumes charging, but an
iPhone that is affected and plugged in with the screen deactivated can
refuse to charge, resulting in uncertainty over whether or not a device is
actually charging.

While this issue originally came to light because of complaints from iPhone
XS and iPhone XS Max owners, it appears it was widespread and affected many
devices running iOS 12.

JR

Arlen Holder

Oct 3, 2018, 11:56:03 AM10/3/18
On 3 Oct 2018 14:01:58 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

> Another NothingburgerGate squashed, and in only three days this time.
> YAWN...

*Apple Apologists have no defense against facts.*

It's interesting that everyone else has already reported, what Jolly Roger
is, many days later, just slowly getting thru his inch-thick empty skull.

In fact, I was the first one to report this problem to Jolly Roger.
Only he's so stupid, he missed it for days and days on end.

Only now, is Jolly Roger finally comprehending Apple fucked up again.

*He proves in every post that, yes, Jolly Roger _is_ that stupid!*

> iOS 12.1 Beta Includes Fix for iOS 12 iPhone and iPad Charging Issue

Given the last time something like this happened, Apple was forced to
explain the secret throttling (albeit four months later) and that Jolly
Roger then said the same thing, it's interesting that Jolly Roger
consistently proves to be so stupid, that he hasn't learned a single thing
in the interim.

*At least Apple learned to not let the ill will fester and foment again!*

> The second beta of iOS 12.1, which was released this morning, includes a
> fix for a charging issue affecting the iPhone XS, XS Max, and other iOS
> devices.

Hehehhehheh ...

Notwithstanding that even Apple NEVER RECOMMENDS users with only one phone
to even *touch* a beta iOS release, it's interesting that Jolly Roger is so
foolish as to insinuate that *millions of unsuspecting users* should now
become beta testers for Apple.

*Apple now asks *every single user* to risk their phones, as beta testers!*

> Discovered following the launch of the two new iPhones and highlighted over
> the weekend, the charging bug causes some iPhone and iPad devices to refuse
> to charge over a Lightning connection when the screen is not activated.

*About 80% of the new phones were affected based on the published tests.*

> According to iMore's Rene Ritchie, the new iOS 12.1 beta fixes the issue so
> iOS users will no longer need to double check to make sure their devices
> are charging after being plugged in.

Only Jolly Roger would be so stupid as to insinuate that a *beta release*
of iOS is what is now recommended for *millions* of unsuspecting customers.

HINT: Even the full release is so full of bugs that any intelligent person
would wait *months* before bothering to be Apple's iOS-testing guinea pig.

> The bug does not affect all iPhones and iPads, but those who are impacted
> have seen their devices fail to charge over Lightning when plugged in while
> the iPhone is asleep.

*Wow. Amazing. Jolly Roger wrote an actual true statement. OMG.*

> Tapping the iPhone to wake it up in this situation resumes charging, but an
> iPhone that is affected and plugged in with the screen deactivated can
> refuse to charge, resulting in uncertainty over whether or not a device is
> actually charging.

*Wow. Two factually correct statements from Jolly Roger in a row!*

Hint: He's cutting and pasting, since facts are beyond his capabilities.

> While this issue originally came to light because of complaints from iPhone
> XS and iPhone XS Max owners, it appears it was widespread and affected many
> devices running iOS 12.

Wow. Three factually correct statements from Jolly Roger in a row.

He must be cutting and pasting - since Jolly Roger is almost never
factually correct!

*Apple Apologists have no defense against facts.*

Arlen Holder

Oct 3, 2018, 1:09:36 PM10/3/18
On 3 Oct 2018 16:52:33 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

> Like Trump's cult, their lives are perpetually shit-stained from their
> own excrement. Cry a tear for them, won't you?

This idiot Jolly Roger constantly brings up his off-topic moronic politics.

*Jolly Roger's own words prove he owns the brain of a fifth grader.*

Lloyd

Oct 3, 2018, 1:23:13 PM10/3/18
Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 2018-10-03, Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:
>> Another NothingburgerGate squashed, and in only three days this time.
>> YAWN...
>
> Oops, forgot the link:
>
> <https://www.macrumors.com/2018/10/02/ios-12-1-charging-bug-fix/>
>
> Contrary to the idiotic claims of the resident Apple-hating
> froth-mouthed idiot troll in these news groups, the issue was indeed not
> a permanent hardware defect but instead involves a simple software fix.
> As soon as iOS 12.1 is released, the problem will be solved for those
> affected. A month from now, everyone will have forgotten about it.
> People will of course love iOS devices for their superior user
> experience, build quality, and better security and privacy protection.
> Apple's iPhone XS/XS Max/XR sales will break records yet again, and
> Apple will mop the floor with the majority of the profits in the market,
> yet again - all much to the chagrin of all the lame-ass hopelessly
> obsessive Apple haters, who will be forced yet again scurry away to find
> their next NothingburgerGate issue to cry about as if the world is
> ending for Apple. No rest for the wicked Apple trolls! Like Trump's
> cult, their lives are perpetually shit-stained from their own excrement.
> Cry a tear for them, won't you?

Yep, just another nothing-gate for trolls to bitch about. Personally I
never saw the issue at all, nor the supposedly weak connection issue.

I actually did consider switching since the Note 9 is so good and with the
various discounts out there because of slow sales, make it quite a bit
cheaper. But then no Apple ecosystem and all the goodies that go along with
that, coupled with no more than 2 late OS upgrades which is typical of
Samsung. Just couldn’t pull the trigger.

--
Lloyd

Elden

Oct 3, 2018, 10:33:07 PM10/3/18
On 2018-10-03, Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:
> According to iMore's Rene Ritchie, the new iOS 12.1 beta fixes the
> issue so iOS users will no longer need to double check to make sure
> their devices are charging after being plugged in.

Plugging in is so 2017.

--
-=Elden=-

Your Name

Oct 3, 2018, 11:40:11 PM10/3/18
Using a battery is so 1800s. :-p

Alan Browne

Oct 4, 2018, 7:04:11 PM10/4/18
More environmentally friendly, however.

--
"2/3 of Donald Trump's wives were immigrants. Proof that we
need immigrants to do jobs that most Americans wouldn't do."

arlen holder

Jan 29, 2019, 1:27:38 AM1/29/19

> While this issue originally came to light because of complaints from iPhone
> XS and iPhone XS Max owners, it appears it was widespread and affected many
> devices running iOS 12.

Yet more privacy bugs in the untested iOS diarrhea of frequent releases...

o facetime privacy bug
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/NFW7nz6FELw>