Every time iOS updates, Apple causes new problems in the REAL world...

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 12, 2018, 11:28:46 AM4/12/18
Each iOS update causes new problems in the REAL world...

Yet again, Apple proves ... *the real world is "not supported".*

Apple never tests any of their products in the real world, saying that the
real word is simply "not supported".

"This issue got even thornier after it emerged that even Apple-branded
replacement parts weren't safe from iOS 11.3's wrath, as users discovered
their ambient light sensors would not detect light and change the display's
brightness automatically — even if the sensors hadn't been touched at all.
According to Engadget, the sensor is disabled as part of the OS boot
process."

"An iOS 11 update from last year caused similar issues in the iPhone 7,
and the infamous Error 53 from a few years ago was also linked to iPhones
detecting that third-party repairs had taken place."

Third-party display repairs are breaking iPhones after iOS 11.3 update
<https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/ios-113-third-party-repairs-woes/>

Let's not even talk about the infamous Apple iOS 7.0.0 to 7.0.1 iOS update
which instantly broke connectivity to Linux devices around the world.

The moral of the story is simply the basic facts...

Apple doesn't test their products in the real world, hence every iOS
update is at risk for YOU to find their bugs, because it's a fact that
Apple doesn't care that their products do not work in the real world.

*The real world is "not supported".*

nospam

Apr 12, 2018, 11:33:13 AM4/12/18
In article <pantvb$1od4$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Ragnusen Ultred
<rrag...@ultred.com> wrote:

> Apple never tests any of their products in the real world, saying that the
> real word is simply "not supported".
>
> "This issue got even thornier after it emerged that even Apple-branded
> replacement parts weren't safe from iOS 11.3's wrath, as users discovered
> their ambient light sensors would not detect light and change the display's
> brightness automatically 訏 even if the sensors hadn't been touched at all.
> According to Engadget, the sensor is disabled as part of the OS boot
> process."

the problem are sloppy third party repairs which were not properly done.

had they been done properly, there would be no issue.

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 12, 2018, 11:46:59 AM4/12/18
Am Thu, 12 Apr 2018 11:33:12 -0400, schrieb nospam:

> the problem are sloppy third party repairs which were not properly done.
>
> had they been done properly, there would be no issue.

Why, nospam, do you *just make up* everything you say in these newsgroups?

Since you prove in every post that you *just guess*, you have an accuracy
rate of about the monkey guessing which box contains the bananas.

Where's your proof, nospam, that the repairs were done sloppily.

There's *nothing* in the reference that I quoted that even whispers any
implication whatsoever what you wish to "claim", sans a shred of fact.

*Where's the _fact_, nospam, that the repairs were "improper"?*

*Why, nospam, are _all_ your claims simply made up?*

Is it because you have no technical expertise?
Or do you just hate facts?

*You don't back up a single one of your imaginary fabricated claims.*

I only speak fact.

iOS 11 also breaks genuine Apple displays on repaired iPhones
<https://www.cultofmac.com/540953/ios-11-also-breaks-genuine-apple-displays-on-repaired-iphones/>

Feature in Appleós latest software update is reportedly causing grief for iPhone 8 owners
<http://www.news.com.au/technology/gadgets/mobile-phones/feature-in-apples-latest-software-update-is-reportedly-causing-grief-for-iphone-8-owners/news-story/>

iPhone ALERT - Unofficial screen repairs are BREAKING smartphones after iOS 11.3 update
<https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/944736/Apple-iPhone-screen-repair-iOS-11-3-update-iPhone-8>

Apple iOS 11.3 Release Has A Serious New Problem
<https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2018/04/10/apple-ios-11-3-release-iphone-upgrade-repair-display-ipad-problem/>

https://www.zdnet.com/article/ios-11-3-breaking-iphones-fitted-with-aftermarket-screens/
<iOS 11.3 breaking iPhones fitted with aftermarket screens>

Apple's iOS 11.3 Reportedly Bricking iPhone 8 Devices with Aftermarket Screens
<http://news.softpedia.com/news/apple-s-ios-11-3-reportedly-bricking-iphone-8-phones-with-aftermarket-screens-520610.shtml>

iOS 11.3 is íbreakingó iPhone 8s that have been repaired with unofficial third party screens
<http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/10/ios-11-3-breaking-iphone-8s-repaired-unofficial-third-party-screens-7454698/>

iOS 11.3 is breaking iPhone 8 units with third-party screens
<http://www.techshout.com/macintosh/2018/11/ios-11-3-is-breaking-iphone-8-units-with-third-party-screens/>

iPhone 8 not working? Donót let anyone other than Apple repair its screen
<http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ios-11-3-aftermarket-screen-repair-3449326>

Appleós iOS 11.3 is breaking third-party iPhone screens
<https://www.gadgetmatch.com/apple-ios-11-3-third-party-iphone-screens/>

etc.

Why, nospam, do you *just make up* everything you say in these newsgroups?

nospam

Apr 12, 2018, 12:11:51 PM4/12/18
In article <panv1d$1qen$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Ragnusen Ultred
<rrag...@ultred.com> wrote:

> *Where's the _fact_, nospam, that the repairs were "improper"?*

because the device stopped working after it was repaired.

devices that were properly repaired have no issue whatsoever.

and it's not just apple. *any* device, regardless of manufacturer, that
is improperly repaired is likely to fail because of the shoddy work.

most repair shops will make good on their fuckup, however, the sleazy
ones won't, that is, if they're even around anymore.

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 12, 2018, 1:52:06 PM4/12/18
Am Thu, 12 Apr 2018 12:11:49 -0400, schrieb nospam:

> devices that were properly repaired have no issue whatsoever.

You, nospam, are the only person who is claiming what you claim.
You make that claim sans a single shred of evidence.

You're almost always wrong in _all_ your similar claims.
What on earth do you ever say that you do back up with facts?

That you fabricate entirely fictional arguments is a fact.

You, nospam:
a. You have no technical expertise in this repair topic, hence,
b. You, nospam, merely guess (and yet ... you guessed wrong ... again).

You actually do worse than the monkey....

*If you can't back up your guesses ... why do you persist in guessing?*

I only speak facts.

Wade Garrett

Apr 12, 2018, 2:21:07 PM4/12/18
Now children, either play nice or go to your respective rooms ;-)

--
The fastest way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

Jolly Roger

Apr 12, 2018, 3:36:54 PM4/12/18
Yep. It's a grey market part from China with a chip that isn't flashed
correctly:

"According to Oberdick, every iPhone screen is powered by a small
microchip, and that chip is what the repair community believes to be
causing the issue. For the past six months, shops have been able to
replace busted iPhone 8 screens with no problem, but something in the
update killed touch functionality. According to several people I spoke
to, third-party screen suppliers have already worked out the issue, but
fixing the busted phones means re-opening up the phone and upgrading the
chip."

<https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/59jwvz/iphone-8-aftermarket-touchscreens-ios-update>

"One high-volume third-party repair shop speaking under condition of
anonymity told AppleInsider on Monday that about one in three screen
repairs on the iPhone 8 family were having the problem. It all does seem
to be coming back down to the chip that needs to be "updated" according
to Tuesday's screen repair report, and it isn't clear what precisely is
happening, or what specific action trips the disabling of the sensor."

<https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/04/11/some-iphone-8-iphone-x-losing-ambient-light-sensor-when-screen-repair-is-done-by-third-party-shops>

Ragnusen is trolling, as usual. His hatred for all things Apple forces
him to ignore all facts and truth. He's only here to stir up shit and
disrupt an otherwise peaceful newsgroup. He's a pathetic loser.

JR

nospam

Apr 12, 2018, 5:14:05 PM4/12/18
In article <fj9qqj...@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger
<jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:

> "One high-volume third-party repair shop speaking under condition of
> anonymity told AppleInsider on Monday that about one in three screen
> repairs on the iPhone 8 family were having the problem. It all does seem
> to be coming back down to the chip that needs to be "updated" according
> to Tuesday's screen repair report, and it isn't clear what precisely is
> happening, or what specific action trips the disabling of the sensor."

oh, it's very clear what's happening, which is that some repair shops
have been scamming users.

Jolly Roger

Apr 12, 2018, 6:50:59 PM4/12/18
On 2018-04-12, nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
Yup. They are selling them cheap grey market Chinese crap parts rather
than official Apple parts, which is why they aren't Apple Authorized to
begin with. You get what you pay for. There's no way I'm trusting some
mall kiosk "repair center" with my electronics - that's something fools
and idiots do. ; )

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 12, 2018, 8:12:47 PM4/12/18
Am 12 Apr 2018 22:50:57 GMT, schrieb Jolly Roger:

> You get what you pay for.

Hehhehheh ... the *dumbest* of the Apple Apologists has just spoken
(and, in every post, he proves why he's the dumbest of all Apple
Apologists!).

This is a direct quote from Jolly Roger's reference:
"The ambient light sensor... will stop functioning if the screen is
replaced by anyone outside of Apple, even if the screen is an official
part."

At least nospam, who simply guesses at everyhing (and whose accuracy is
worse than the monkey), isn't so stupid as to post a reference that clearly
says the exact *opposite* of what he claims it says, as Jolly Roger just
did.

Jolly Roger's own reference says, verbatim:
iPhone 8 devices that worked fine prior to the iOS 11.3 update have suddenly stopped working.

Hence, Jolly Roger, yet agains, proves that he's the dumbest of the Apple
Apologists when he posts referenced quotes which clearly contradict what
nospam said, and which back up exactly the original point in all the
articles referenced.

I think it's kind of funny ... Jolly Roger didn't even *understand* in the
least that which he just posted ... and nospam simply *just guessed*.

At least the two buffoons stay in character...

Notice this punch line in Jolly Roger's own reference:
Apple "opposes "Right to Repair" laws, which would require it to make
manuals and parts available to the public much like the auto industry."

While Jolly Roger doesn't even comprehend that which he reads, nospam just
guesses wrong, and I only speak fact which any sentient adult can verify.

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 12, 2018, 8:15:09 PM4/12/18
Am Thu, 12 Apr 2018 14:21:06 -0400, schrieb Wade Garrett:

> Now children, either play nice or go to your respective rooms ;-)

Wade,
I spoke facts.
I backed up those facts with references.

The Apple Apologists simply guess.
And worse, they can't comprehend their own references.

Look at what nospam did:
*He just guessed (and he guessed wrong). Again.*

Look at what Jolly Roger did:
*Jolly Roger didn't even comprehend his own references!(

What this proves is what is a bona fide fact.
*Facts are incomprehensible to the Apple Apologists.*

Why can't Apple Apologists comprehend simple facts?
I don't know why.

You tell me.
The dozen or so Apple Apologists are just not like normal adults.

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 12, 2018, 8:21:40 PM4/12/18
Am Thu, 12 Apr 2018 17:14:02 -0400, schrieb nospam:

> oh, it's very clear what's happening, which is that some repair shops
> have been scamming users.

Notice two things, sentient adults.

While nopsam makes everything up, he can't back up a single statement he
makes (because nospam just guesses).

Even more hilarious ... Jolly Roger actually is dumb enough to try to back
up his guesses, where Jolly Roger proved his own references don't say in
the least what Jolly Roger *assumed* those references said!

Fact:
a. While nopsam *just guesses*, he's not so stupid as to produce a
non-existent reference - so he will never produce a reference because he
guesses wrong (his record is worse than that of the monkey).

b. Meanwhile, Jolly Roger is dumb enough to produce references which back
up the original post in spades, and which prove that Jolly Roger didn't
comprehend even the least of what those references actually stated.

I think that's kind of funny.
It's perfectly in character though.

Jolly Roger

Apr 12, 2018, 8:42:37 PM4/12/18
On 2018-04-13, Ragnusen Ultred <rrag...@ultred.com> wrote:
> Am 12 Apr 2018 22:50:57 GMT, schrieb Jolly Roger:
>
>> You get what you pay for.
>
> "The ambient light sensor... will stop functioning if the screen is
> replaced by anyone outside of Apple, even if the screen is an
> official part.",
...because the chip included in the part wasn't flashed correctly, which
is why these elcheapo unauthorized repair shops are having to reflash
the chips and reship them out to affected customers. But facts like that
are irrelevant to trollbois who are only here to hate on "big, bad
Apple" and anyone who dares to use their products.

> I think it's kind of funny

Nah, you're just a sad, lonely, old fart troll who literally spends his
every waking hour of every single day of the week trolling the Apple
news groups out of pure jealousy. You're numerous posts bear that out
for all to see. Pathetic.

nospam

Apr 12, 2018, 8:56:25 PM4/12/18
In article <fjacnr...@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger
<jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:

> On 2018-04-13, Ragnusen Ultred <rrag...@ultred.com> wrote:
> > I think it's kind of funny
>
> Nah, you're just a sad, lonely, old fart troll who literally spends his
> every waking hour of every single day of the week trolling the Apple
> news groups out of pure jealousy. You're numerous posts bear that out
> for all to see. Pathetic.

he also pollutes the android group with the same garbage.

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 12, 2018, 9:58:04 PM4/12/18
Am Thu, 12 Apr 2018 20:56:23 -0400, schrieb nospam:

> he also pollutes the android group with the same garbage.

Kudos to nospam for not being like Jolly Roger is.

It's intriguing how nospam is a completely different type of Apple
Apologist from Jolly Roger.

Jolly Roger can't even comprehend his own references, which actually say
the opposite of Jolly Roger thinks they say.

In contrast, nospam just guesses, and he guesses wrongly more than does the
monkey, but at least nospam isn't so stupid as to bother to attempt to post
a reference since nospam *knows* he just made it all up.

Meanwhile, nospam also knows that I have Linux, Windows, Android, and yes,
plenty of iOS devices too ... so at least nospam won't make the idiotic
statements that Jolly Roger makes which essentially equate facts to trolls.

What nospam is alluding to on the Android newsgroups, by the way, is that
the adults on that newsgroup actually are helpful, and yet, there too are
children on that newsgroup (such as nospam, Joerg Lorenz, Frank Slootweg,
joe, etc., most of whom also infest the iOS newsgroup with the same
predictable results).

For example, this thread was posted in *both* Apple & Android newsgroups,
but *only* in the Android newsgroup was any technical progress made.
2018 update: Best second-line for free SMS/MMS that makes & receives calls from USA POTS & Cellular lines
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.mobile.android/T4tmXrm_NzA>

*Q: Why are Apple posters almost invariably technically incompetent?*

I don't know why ... but if they're all like Jolly Roger (i.e., dumber than
dumb) or nospam (i.e., guesses worse than does the monkey), that fact alone
would go a long way toward explaining why.

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 12, 2018, 9:58:12 PM4/12/18
Am 13 Apr 2018 00:42:35 GMT, schrieb Jolly Roger:

> Nah, you're just a sad, lonely, old fart troll who literally spends his
> every waking hour of every single day of the week trolling the Apple
> news groups out of pure jealousy. You're numerous posts bear that out
> for all to see. Pathetic.

Hehhehheh...
Everything you say flies in the face of adult logic Jolly Roger.

Remember, *I have _plenty_ of Apple devices*, and yet you can't even
comprehend that most basic of simple (and yet extremely obvious) facts.

You think that just telling the truth is "pure jealousy"... hehhehheh...

I find that you equate the truth to trolling & jealousy highly interesting.

Tell me more, Jolly Roger, when you know I buy plenty of iOS devices, why
you think I'm jealous simply for stating what is simply a fact to everyone
else but the Apple Apologists (who don't seem to be able to comprehend
facts).

Jolly Roger

Apr 12, 2018, 11:41:07 PM4/12/18
On 2018-04-13, Ragnusen Ultred <rrag...@ultred.com> wrote:
> Am 13 Apr 2018 00:42:35 GMT, schrieb Jolly Roger:
>
>> Nah, you're just a sad, lonely, old fart troll who literally spends
>> his every waking hour of every single day of the week trolling the
>> Apple news groups out of pure jealousy. You're numerous posts bear
>> that out for all to see. Pathetic.
>
> Hehhehheh...

Laugh all you want, dumbfuck - you're still just a pathetic loser who
literally spends his every waking moment trolling Usenet. You're a
jealous tiny, little man-child who literally has *nothing* more
productive to do with your time than make laborious long-winded troll
post after post hating on everything Apple. You're a sicko, and a loser.
I'd feel sorry for you if you weren't so hopelessly dedicated in your
constant belittling of complete strangers on Usenet. You're going to die
a cold, sad death alone, which is exactly what you deserve. Only you can
change that; but I doubt you will. Pity.

Steven Petruzzellis

Apr 13, 2018, 1:37:59 AM4/13/18
Any heinously obsessive sleep deprived whacko could easily do the same. It was Allie Higley who forged me and admitted to having done so. I'm getting sick of the nonsense in here. I'm guessing the small-minded stalker is proving the advocates right again. Yawn. Same old brain-dead trolls.

For others I'd just suggest it is dubious. Of course, given that it's Allie Higley I would drop that doubt and go straight to 'lie' because that's most of what Allie Higley does. No need to find evidence before accusing Allie Higley of lying. Fool! Just some names Carroll has used
"Evil" John *
"Evil" Snit *
Big Crotch on a Small Fish
Cornelius Munshower
CSMA Moderator
Edward Stanfield
Fretwiz *
Hitman Hero
Measles
Petruzzellis Kids
Sigmond
Slaveen
Smit
Steve C *
Steve Camoll *
Steve Carroll <noone@xxxxxxxxxxx> *
Steve Carroll <stevecarroll@xxxxxxxxxxx> *
Steve Carroll <trollkiller@xxxxxx> *
Steve Carroll's Dog *
Steve Carrolll *
Steve Carrroll *
Yevette Owens
Yobo_Obyo

--
One Smart Penny!
https://prescottareapsychopaths.wordpress.com/shawn-ulman-psychopath

Chris in Makati

Apr 13, 2018, 2:52:37 AM4/13/18
On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 08:28:44 -0700, Ragnusen Ultred
<rrag...@ultred.com> wrote:

>Each iOS update causes new problems in the REAL world...
>
>Yet again, Apple proves ... *the real world is "not supported".*
>
>Apple never tests any of their products in the real world, saying that the
>real word is simply "not supported".

You're so right about that. My life was a nightmare for several
months.

My dishwasher started making loud grating noises, and when the
engineer came to fix it he said iOS 9.3 had just been released that
morning.

A few months later I updated to iOS 10.0, and no sooner had my phone
rebooted than my daughter's school called to say she had failed a drug
test.

I thought that was the end of my bad luck and I was safe to upgrade
again. Sp when iOS 10.1 was released I installed it on my phone, and
guess, what, two weeks later Donald Trump was elected President.

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 after that.

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 13, 2018, 8:47:25 AM4/13/18
Am Fri, 13 Apr 2018 14:52:34 +0800, schrieb Chris in Makati:

> You're so right about that. My life was a nightmare for several
> months.

Chris,
Do you own Windows computers sans iTunes?
I do, and they abound in the real world, you know.

Chris,
Do you own a Linux desktop box?
I do, and they abound in the real world, you know.

Chris,
Do you own an Android phone?
I do, and they abound in the real world, you know.

Chris, do you live or travel where the temperature goes below freezing?
I do, and such locations abound in the real world, you know.

Chris,
Do you get your devices repaired outside the manufacturer?
I do, and almost everyone does, and this practice abounds in the real
world.

Just because Apple never tests their devices in the real world, saying
simply that the real world is "not supported", doesn't mean that the real
world doesn't exist.

It simply means you live wholly ensconced inside the prison of the walled
garden.

Here are some direct quotes from Jolly Roger's own reference, which proves
that Apple devices do not work in the real world of repairs.

"The ambient light sensor... will stop functioning if the screen
is replaced by anyone outside of Apple, even if the screen is
an official part."

"iPhone 8 devices that worked fine prior to the iOS 11.3 update
have suddenly stopped working."

Apple "opposes "Right to Repair" laws, which would require it
to make manuals and parts available to the public much like
the auto industry."

<https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/59jwvz/iphone-8-aftermarket-touchscreens-ios-update>
<https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/04/11/some-iphone-8-iphone-x-losing-ambient-light-sensor-when-screen-repair-is-done-by-third-party-shops>

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 13, 2018, 8:47:27 AM4/13/18
Am 13 Apr 2018 03:41:05 GMT, schrieb Jolly Roger:

> Laugh all you want, dumbfuck - you're still just a pathetic loser who
> literally spends his every waking moment trolling Usenet. You're a
> jealous tiny, little man-child who literally has *nothing* more
> productive to do with your time than make laborious long-winded troll
> post after post hating on everything Apple. You're a sicko, and a loser.
> I'd feel sorry for you if you weren't so hopelessly dedicated in your
> constant belittling of complete strangers on Usenet. You're going to die
> a cold, sad death alone, which is exactly what you deserve. Only you can
> change that; but I doubt you will. Pity.

What is extremely telling about Apple Apologists is that:
a. I made a correct statement bolstered by valid reliable referenced facts
b. Jolly Roger disagreed couldn't find a single supporting reference
c. Also nospam disagreed but also can't cite find a single supporting fact

When I pointed out to Jolly Roger that his own cites agreed with my facts,
Jolly Roger responds with:
A. you're still just a pathetic loser
B. You're a jealous tiny, little man-child
C. You're a sicko, and a loser.

Closing with:
"You're going to die a cold, sad death alone, which is exactly
what you deserve."

These are facts which (again) prove the very nature of the Apple Apologist.

Steven Petruzzellis

Apr 13, 2018, 9:40:06 AM4/13/18
I can tell Donny Karcie does not even know what is wrong with Donny Karcie. Advertising is a wonderful thing and consumer ignorance is even better.

I'd post to Donny Karcie honestly but he's an imbecile who twists what you say to realize his craving to call everyone a deceiver.

Ha, ha! Can you get less dishonest?

--
Eight things to never feed your dog
http://www.macadvocacy.pw/2005/Nov/09/236626.html

Wade Garrett

Apr 13, 2018, 11:22:38 AM4/13/18
Like I said.........

--
You can only judge people based upon that which they show you. Nine
times out of 10, it’s their ass.

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 13, 2018, 12:59:05 PM4/13/18
Am Fri, 13 Apr 2018 11:22:36 -0400, schrieb Wade Garrett:

> it¢s their ass.

Like I said, Wade, your fifth-grade mentality shines in your posts.

Might you, perchance, be just yet another average iOS user?

Wade Garrett

Apr 13, 2018, 5:05:10 PM4/13/18
Yeah, currently I use iOS on two iPads- one a Mini. I quit using
iPhones when the prices became totally absurd. My last one was a 4S that
I picked up used for about $125 when it was a generation or two behind
the current model.

It's not LTE-capable so while I'm no fan of Android, my present phone is
a Samsung Galaxy Sky running on the Verizon network via TracFone. I
bought it (including a year's service with 1500 minutes, the same number
of texts and 1.5 GB of data) on HSN for $89 last year.

I'm not sure where you're seeing a fifth grade mentality in my posts;
actually I have grey hair and a scientific PhD.

But I'll tell you this dude: if you don't cut it out, my daddy will beat
up your daddy ;-)

--
Everyone brings joy to my life. Some when they enter and some when they
leave.

nospam

Apr 13, 2018, 6:08:38 PM4/13/18
In article <par625$43d$1...@news.albasani.net>, Wade Garrett
<wa...@cooler.net> wrote:

> Yeah, currently I use iOS on two iPads- one a Mini. I quit using
> iPhones when the prices became totally absurd. My last one was a 4S that
> I picked up used for about $125 when it was a generation or two behind
> the current model.

new iphones are currently as low as $150 from at&t ($195 w/$45 credit):
<https://www.att.com/cellphones/iphone/iphone-se-prepaid.html>

or $160 on verizon:
<https://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/smartphones/apple-iphone-se-sil
ver-prepaid/>

similar prices for other carriers.

Jolly Roger

Apr 13, 2018, 7:37:34 PM4/13/18
On 2018-04-13, Ragnusen Ultred <rrag...@ultred.com> wrote:
> Am 13 Apr 2018 03:41:05 GMT, schrieb Jolly Roger:
>
>> Laugh all you want, dumbfuck - you're still just a pathetic loser who
>> literally spends his every waking moment trolling Usenet. You're a
>> jealous tiny, little man-child who literally has *nothing* more
>> productive to do with your time than make laborious long-winded troll
>> post after post hating on everything Apple. You're a sicko, and a loser.
>> I'd feel sorry for you if you weren't so hopelessly dedicated in your
>> constant belittling of complete strangers on Usenet. You're going to die
>> a cold, sad death alone, which is exactly what you deserve. Only you can
>> change that; but I doubt you will. Pity.
>
> What is extremely telling

What is extremely telling is that you have literally *nothing* better to
do with your time than spend literal hours daily trolling the Apple news
groups. You're *that* pathetic. Sad.

dorayme

Apr 13, 2018, 8:50:06 PM4/13/18
In article <fjan6g...@mid.individual.net>,
Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:

> On 2018-04-13, Ragnusen Ultred <rrag...@ultred.com> wrote:

> > Hehhehheh...
>
> Laugh all you want, dumbfuck ... pathetic lose
> ... tiny, ... little ... man-child... sicko, ... loser.
> ... You're going to die
> a cold, sad death alone, which is exactly what you deserve.

Obviously you are a Christian convert that did not quite understand
the cult's main rules. At least RU is just a mad bastard and not a
thoroughly nasty and obnoxious prick like you. Whatever happened to
you, or perhaps I should say, what didn't happen (like in brain
formation).

--
dorayme

dorayme

Apr 13, 2018, 8:55:12 PM4/13/18
In article <qrk0ddhigkfsu7v19...@4ax.com>,
Chris in Makati <ma...@nospam.com> wrote:

> I thought that was the end of my bad luck and I was safe to upgrade
> again. Sp when iOS 10.1 was released I installed it on my phone, and
> guess, what, two weeks later Donald Trump was elected President.
>
> I bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 after that.

And then there was a gas attack on civilians in Syria. Is there any
device one can buy that doesn't have disastrous consequences?

--
dorayme

dorayme

Apr 13, 2018, 8:58:24 PM4/13/18
In article <par625$43d$1...@news.albasani.net>,
Wade Garrett <wa...@cooler.net> wrote:

> ... I have ... a scientific PhD

A slave of yours that is very scientific?

--
dorayme

Jolly Roger

Apr 13, 2018, 9:41:33 PM4/13/18
^ Notice how dimwit trolls like Ragnusen who literally spend hours every
day antagonizing complete strangers in the Apple news groups are A-okay
with dingbat Dory. She couldn't care less that these newsgroups are
littered with laborious post after post from Ragnusen, trolling anyone
who dares to use Apple products; but anyone who dares to push back on
his lame trolls is a total prick who must be stopped! ; )

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 13, 2018, 11:23:58 PM4/13/18
Am 13 Apr 2018 23:37:33 GMT, schrieb Jolly Roger:

> What is extremely telling is that you have literally *nothing* better to
> do with your time than spend literal hours daily trolling the Apple news
> groups. You're *that* pathetic. Sad.

hehhehheh.... You're *always* wrong Jolly Roger.
Always.

By way of contrast, nospam is wrong about as much as the monkey is.
But you, Jolly Roger, you're *always* wrong.

That's why I love when you post.
Because you have the mindset of the average iOS user.

How do I know you're wrong Jolly Roger?
Because I only speak facts.

For example, what's this, posted today?
Android┬ trust problem isn┤ getting better
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.mobile.android/oMQ5FDS6OLQ>

Or this?
Does anyone have the solution to stopping FileZilla from phoning home?
alt.comp.os.windows-10

I am on *plenty* of newsgroups, where I tell the truth on every one.

Only on the iOS newsgroups, is the clientele so childish as to be filled to
the brim with little children. The adult newsgroups don't have people like
you (well, Frank Slootweg and Snit do also infest the adult newsgroups).

But for the most part, it's only the Apple newsgroups infested with babies.

Why do little children gravitate to iOS?
I don't know why.

But I love when you post because every post from you helps explain the
mentality of the average iOS user.

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 13, 2018, 11:24:00 PM4/13/18
Am Sat, 14 Apr 2018 10:58:22 +1000, schrieb dorayme:

>> ... I have ... a scientific PhD
>
> A slave of yours that is very scientific?

Hi dorayme,

You are different from most Apple Apologists in that, while you *never* add
any on-topic scientific value, you make unnecessary comments that are
completely off topic.

Do you actually have any technical expertise whatsoever, dorayme?

None?

Why don't you at least google for the team to find out more about what
exactly is happening with Apple bricking these affected phones left and
right.

Is it, as nospam alludes, purely due to incorrect repairs (sans facts)?
Or, as JollY Roger proved (by accident), purely due to non-Apple repairs?

Maybe you, dorayme, who is obviously far more intelligent than most Apple
Apologists, maybe you can look up the legal situation for the team, maybe
even call the FCC, and ask them if this is an illegal practice like I did
today?

Can you do something for the team dorayme?

That's not a "could" or "would", but a "can" mind you.
Is it possible?

Do you have it, in your heart, dorayme, to *ever* be purposefully helpful?

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 13, 2018, 11:24:02 PM4/13/18
Am Fri, 13 Apr 2018 17:05:08 -0400, schrieb Wade Garrett:

> I'm not sure where you're seeing a fifth grade mentality in my posts;
> actually I have grey hair and a scientific PhD.

We're almost all (very) old men, and I have plenty of degrees from the best
schools on the planet also - which isn't what makes our mentality childish.

I will accept that you have a higher degree (as do I), and my comments are
always meant to swat away the annoying gnats who don't *contribute* to the
topic in some technical or other purposefully helpful manner.

If you act like an adult, I treat you like an adult.
If you don't, I don't.

I don't follow the normal rule of Usenet to ignore trolls because I only
care about the threads I author, where a troll is like a skunk visiting a
picnic - the trolls ruin the picnic no matter what - so the thread is
already ruined the moment the trolls arrive.

Hence, I try to swat them away, not for the current thread (which is lost
the moment they arrive), but for the sake of *future* threads.

To summarize, how you *act* is what I respond to.

The point in this thread is to notify people that iOS is breaking phones
left and right in the real world. I don't know the solution yet, and I
suspect there will be related lawsuits, and even the reputed recent FTC
communication to Apple are likely somewhat relevant.

If you have *more* technical or legal information about this technical
topic, it's always welcome.

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 13, 2018, 11:30:41 PM4/13/18
Am Sat, 14 Apr 2018 10:50:03 +1000, schrieb dorayme:

> At least RU is just a mad bastard and not a
> thoroughly nasty and obnoxious prick like you.

Actually, only you, dorayme, and nopsam have the intellectual capacity to
figure my motives out.

Neither of you have figured out why I only post the truth here, but you're
the only two who can figure it out.

Do you think I post only the truth by accident?
Do you think I slam those who can't comprehend the truth by accident?
Do you think I praise those who comprehend the truth by accident?

Do you think, for a moment, that I don't have a plan?

The truth ... is my plan.
You think, apparently, that the truth is "a mad bastard"'s goal.

But there's actually more logic to that reputed madness than you yet
realize.

I believe nospam is *slowly* realizing the truth, simply because he is
spouting far less of his complete guesses lately, which don't think for a
moment I haven't noticed.

But nospam is not Jolly Roger. Jolly Roger can't ever comprehend anything,
but at least nospam can - so lately - he's been actually only unhelpful -
but he hasn't spouted his complete fabrications in his last few posts.

Let's see if nospam can continue to be less of a child moving forward.
Let's see if you can too.

Since you're smart enough not to act like a child, all I ask of you is to
act like an adult by doing two simple things:
a. Post with purposefully helpful intent, and,
b. Post facts that are on topic.

Jolly is a lost cause, simply because he's too dumb and filled with hatred
to ever act like an adult - but I do not - for a single moment - believe
that either you or nospam is a lost cause.

Both of you *can* add on-topic value to the tribal knowledge of this group.

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 13, 2018, 11:46:46 PM4/13/18
Am Sat, 14 Apr 2018 10:55:09 +1000, schrieb dorayme:

> And then there was a gas attack on civilians in Syria. Is there any
> device one can buy that doesn't have disastrous consequences?

That was actually funny, although still lacking on-topic technical value.

The on-topic technical issue is:
- Apple (yet again) bricked devices which were repaired in the real world

That is simply a fact which arose this week when devices which were
repaired outside of Apple simply stopped working properly with the latest
iOS updates.

That's a fact.

Do you, dorayme, have any additional information to add to that fact?

I believe you *can* add on-topic technical value; you just never do.
I believe you're smart enough to add on-topic technical value.

Jolly Roger? Nope. He's about as dumb as a human can get, as you are well
aware, and, worse, he's filled to the brim with hatred - so when he posted
his hilarious links - I smiled - since he proved the point in spades when
he posted links.

What Jolly Roger proves to me, since he's an average iOS user, is that
these average iOS users don't have the mental capacity to even *comprehend*
a simple fact such as this one appears to be.

Now take nospam.
He was completely different from Jolly Roger.

He, nospam, simply denied the fact, but nospam isn't so stupid as to search
for a reference because nospam *knows* he just made it all up. What nospam
does is rely on people being just stupid enough to believe his statements,
sans a shred of proof.

You have to admit nospam's approach works - but it only works because of
people like the average iOS user, Jolly Roger, being too stupid to actually
comprehend the facts.

Now take you, dorayme.
You're different from both of them.

You have nospam's same unhelpful attitude; but you do not have Jolly
Roger's stupidity. Lewis has Jolly Roger's stupidity. BK@OnRamp has that
same stupidity. As does joe, and a host of other almost unfathomably stupid
people who post here frequently.

But you, dorayme, are as smart as nopsam is.
And yet, always unhelpful.

Why?

nospam

Apr 14, 2018, 12:28:30 AM4/14/18
In article <partj4$1v12$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Ragnusen Ultred
<rrag...@ultred.com> wrote:

> - Apple (yet again) bricked devices which were repaired in the real world

nope. the devices bricked themselves because they were not properly
repaired.

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 14, 2018, 12:47:35 AM4/14/18
Am Sat, 14 Apr 2018 00:28:29 -0400, schrieb nospam:

>> - Apple (yet again) bricked devices which were repaired in the real world
>
> nope. the devices bricked themselves because they were not properly
> repaired.

Hi nospam,

You *just guess*, which would be fine if your incessant guessing and proven
fabrication of imaginary iOS functionality actually resulted in anything
better than the monkey guessing which box has the bananas.

But your results have been so dismal that pretty much your guesses suck for
accuracy.

I realize that *just guessing* works for most iOS users like Jolly Roger,
and maybe even dorayme (let's see); but for adults, *just guessing* is
useless.

If there exists any *technically competent* iOS user on this newsgroup,
they will provide a *reference* instead of *just guessing*, which is all
that you can do.

Thanks!

Wade Garrett

Apr 14, 2018, 9:15:52 AM4/14/18
Interesting, I didn't know about that.

But I guess if you buy one though, you're locked into service with that
carrier rather than being able to use an MVNO which is much cheaper.

--
The lion may be King of the Jungle, but airdrop him into Antarctica and
he’s just a penguin’s bitch.

nospam

Apr 14, 2018, 10:21:42 AM4/14/18
In article <pasuu7$3eb$1...@news.albasani.net>, Wade Garrett
<wa...@cooler.net> wrote:

> >> Yeah, currently I use iOS on two iPads- one a Mini. I quit using
> >> iPhones when the prices became totally absurd. My last one was a 4S that
> >> I picked up used for about $125 when it was a generation or two behind
> >> the current model.
> >
> > new iphones are currently as low as $150 from at&t ($195 w/$45 credit):
> > <https://www.att.com/cellphones/iphone/iphone-se-prepaid.html>
> >
> > or $160 on verizon:
> > <https://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/smartphones/apple-iphone-se-sil
> > ver-prepaid/>
> >
> > similar prices for other carriers.
>
> Interesting, I didn't know about that.
>
> But I guess if you buy one though, you're locked into service with that
> carrier rather than being able to use an MVNO which is much cheaper.

it might be, or it might not. shop around for whatever best fits your
need and budget.

an unlocked, no-contract iphone se is $349. service is extra.

the point is that not all iphones are $1000. most are quite a bit less.

android phones also span a wide range of prices. t-mobile sells the
samsung galaxy note 8 for $930 (compare with an iphone 8+ at $799):
<https://www.t-mobile.com/devices/samsung-galaxy-note8>

Jolly Roger

Apr 14, 2018, 11:47:12 AM4/14/18
On 2018-04-14, Wade Garrett <wa...@cooler.net> wrote:
> On 4/13/18 6:08 PM, nospam wrote:
>> In article <par625$43d$1...@news.albasani.net>, Wade Garrett
>> <wa...@cooler.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, currently I use iOS on two iPads- one a Mini. I quit using
>>> iPhones when the prices became totally absurd. My last one was a 4S that
>>> I picked up used for about $125 when it was a generation or two behind
>>> the current model.
>>
>> new iphones are currently as low as $150 from at&t ($195 w/$45 credit):
>> <https://www.att.com/cellphones/iphone/iphone-se-prepaid.html>
>>
>> or $160 on verizon:
>> <https://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/smartphones/apple-iphone-se-sil
>> ver-prepaid/>
>>
>> similar prices for other carriers.
>
> Interesting, I didn't know about that.
>
> But I guess if you buy one though, you're locked into service with that
> carrier rather than being able to use an MVNO which is much cheaper.

Nah. Walmart has plenty of options for the iPhone SE at only $159, and
I'm sure others do too, if you just look around:

<https://www.walmart.com/browse/cell-phones/iphone-se/1105910_1127173_3393123>

iPhone prices are hardly "totally absurd".

Steven Petruzzellis

Apr 14, 2018, 3:36:56 PM4/14/18
What it looks like matters little and not worth obsessing over, especially if it's better than the competition. I've worked in or with the technology industry for nearly 30 years. I've worked for top businesses selling to the military and the health industry. Never, not at any time, was I at any point under a contractual obligation to not install any other OS. We sold AIX, Lisa, Red Hat, etc. alongside MS OSs very successfully. Jasen 'The Flooder' Betts lies that he uses Android, while actually he never timed it to get any real work done and faithfully tested it.

--
Puppy Videos!
https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/6sfhq6/what_desktop_tasks_does_linux_handle_better_than/

dorayme

Apr 14, 2018, 6:35:20 PM4/14/18
In article <fjd4ib...@mid.individual.net>,
Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:

> On 2018-04-14, dorayme <do_r...@bigpond.com> wrote:
> > In article <fjan6g...@mid.individual.net>,
> > Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:

> >> Laugh all you want, dumbfuck ... pathetic lose
> >> ... tiny, ... little ... man-child... sicko, ... loser.
> >> ... You're going to die
> >> a cold, sad death alone, which is exactly what you deserve.
> >
> > Obviously you are a Christian convert that did not quite understand
> > the cult's main rules. At least RU is just a mad bastard and not a
> > thoroughly nasty and obnoxious prick like you. Whatever happened to
> > you, or perhaps I should say, what didn't happen (like in brain
> > formation).
>
> ^ Notice how dimwit trolls like Ragnusen who literally spend hours every
> day antagonizing complete strangers in the Apple news groups are A-okay
> with dingbat Dory. She couldn't care less that these newsgroups are
> littered with laborious post after post from Ragnusen, trolling anyone
> who dares to use Apple products; but anyone who dares to push back on
> his lame trolls is a total prick who must be stopped! ; )

Anyone who dares to push back? Cute. This jolly toxic waste of space
does a tad more than that, no?

--
dorayme

Steven Petruzzellis

Apr 15, 2018, 12:50:27 AM4/15/18

--
My Snoring Solution
https://prescottareapsychopaths.wordpress.com/shawn-ulman-psychopath
Jonas Eklundh Communication

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 15, 2018, 4:09:48 AM4/15/18
The iPhone 8, in particular, is susceptible to this new iOS 11.3 problem,
according to Motherboard, and it's happening whether the screens were fixed
by non-Apple repair shops and were a self-repair at home.

While at first it may seem like a bad repair job, there are enough cases
that point to the iPhone 8 touchscreen working before iOS 11.3 and suddenly
not working at all. These people no longer have a shattered iPhone, but the
device is just as useless.

This isn't the first time a software update from Apple has made unofficial
repairs malfunction. In 2016, iPhone 6 users with aftermarket home buttons
ended up with entirely bricked devices.

https://www.techradar.com/news/bad-touch-ios-113-is-bricking-third-party-iphone-8-screen-repairs

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 15, 2018, 4:09:51 AM4/15/18
Am 12 Apr 2018 19:36:52 GMT, schrieb Jolly Roger:

> Ragnusen is trolling, as usual. His hatred for all things Apple forces
> him to ignore all facts and truth. He's only here to stir up shit and
> disrupt an otherwise peaceful newsgroup. He's a pathetic loser.

IOS Update Bricks Repaired iPhones Again Newburgh Gazette
http://newburghgazette.com/2018/04/14/ios-update-bricks-repaired-iphones-again/

"In 2016, customers sued Apple over "Error 53" glitches, in which iPhones
were bricked after third-party fix personnel altered the Touch ID
technology -which Apple acknowledged that year was part of Touch ID
security. The company initially attempted to claim it had performed this
task for the good of users in the name of security before reversing
course."

"Apple released iOS 11.3 at the end of March, and the update is killing
touch functionality in iPhone 8s repaired with some aftermarket screens
that worked prior to the update."

Jolly Roger

Apr 15, 2018, 11:18:41 AM4/15/18
On 2018-04-15, Ragnusen Ultred <rrag...@ultred.com> wrote:
> The iPhone 8, in particular, is susceptible to this new iOS 11.3 problem,
> according to Motherboard, and it's happening whether the screens were fixed
> by non-Apple repair shops and were a self-repair at home.
>
> While at first it may seem like a bad repair job, there are enough cases
> that point to the iPhone 8 touchscreen working before iOS 11.3 and suddenly
> not working at all. These people no longer have a shattered iPhone, but the
> device is just as useless.

That's what they get for cheaping out and allowing an unauthorized repair
shop to replace your expensive screen with a cheap grey market part with
an improperly flashed chip in it. The lesson here is: always use
Apple-authorized repair shops.

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 15, 2018, 11:46:21 AM4/15/18
Am 15 Apr 2018 15:18:40 GMT, schrieb Jolly Roger:

> The lesson here is: always use
> Apple-authorized repair shops.

Of course, you, Jolly Roger, the archetypical Apple iOS poster, would have
that lesson as the takeaway...

Those of us who believe in our rights, would have the same takeaway as
sensible people do, which is that Apple has no legal right to brick
people's phones simply because someone else properly installed an
Apple-branded part.

What Apple did the past few times is play the "oops we made a mistake
game", which works well since it's already a well-known fact that Apple
never tests any of their products in the real world anyway.

Let's see how this one plays out, shall we.

Jolly Roger

Apr 15, 2018, 1:02:35 PM4/15/18
On 2018-04-15, Ragnusen Ultred <rrag...@ultred.com> wrote:
> Am 15 Apr 2018 15:18:40 GMT, schrieb Jolly Roger:
>
>> The lesson here is: always use Apple-authorized repair shops.
>
> Of course, you, Jolly Roger, the archetypical Apple iOS poster, would have
> that lesson as the takeaway...

Anyone who understands the technical issue at hand (that the
unauthorized repair shops failed to flash the chip correctly) will have
that takeaway.

> Those of us who believe in our rights, would have the same takeaway as
> sensible people do, which is that Apple has no legal right to brick
> people's phones simply because someone else properly installed an
> Apple-branded part.

Liar; it's not Apple's fault unauthorized repair shops sold people bunk
parts that were not flashed correctly. *Everything* is Apple's fault for
an old dimwit troll like you.

> Let's see how this one plays out, shall we.

We can count on you slinking away silently (or lying some more) when
nothing comes of it, old inane troll that you are.

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 15, 2018, 1:53:52 PM4/15/18
Am 15 Apr 2018 17:02:34 GMT, schrieb Jolly Roger:

> Liar; it's not Apple's fault unauthorized repair shops sold people bunk
> parts that were not flashed correctly. *Everything* is Apple's fault for
> an old dimwit troll like you.

Hehhehheh ... you, of all people Jolly Roger, really should entirely remove
"dimwit" from your online choice of vocabulary.

While I always appreciate the humor of your posts, the fact is that Apple
just again, for the third time in a row, bricked working phones with nary
but the iOS update as the change.

That's a fact.

*"Even genuine replacement Apple displays can mess with iPhones"*
<https://www.engadget.com/2018/04/11/iphone-replacement-display-ambient-light-sensor-issue/>

"If you put a genuine Apple replacement display into an iPhone 8, 8 Plus or
X, it'll no longer be able to adjust its brightness automatically."

"The aftermarket repair community has verified the behavior in phones from
the US all the way to Australia. It's confirmed to be an issue with phones
running iOS 11.1, 11.2 and 11.3"

"Even swapping the displays of two brand-new iPhones causes the ambient
light sensor to stop working, despite it not being altered or touched in
any way. Experiments have shown that the sensor is disabled by iOS during
the boot process."

"Apple is using the ambient light sensor "as a test-case to see how it
works, to see if they can link hardware with logic boards so if they were
repaired outside of the Apple network it loses functionality."

"I spoke with Apple about the problem, but after initially replying to ask
some follow-up questions, the spokesperson failed to provide a response."

nospam

Apr 15, 2018, 1:57:00 PM4/15/18
In article <pb03jb$bg5$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Ragnusen Ultred
<rrag...@ultred.com> wrote:

> "If you put a genuine Apple replacement display into an iPhone 8, 8 Plus or
> X, it'll no longer be able to adjust its brightness automatically."

only if it's not done correctly.

Jolly Roger

Apr 15, 2018, 2:10:40 PM4/15/18
On 2018-04-15, Ragnusen Ultred <rrag...@ultred.com> wrote:
> Am 15 Apr 2018 17:02:34 GMT, schrieb Jolly Roger:
>
>> Liar; it's not Apple's fault unauthorized repair shops sold people bunk
>> parts that were not flashed correctly. *Everything* is Apple's fault for
>> an old dimwit troll like you.
>
> Hehhehheh

Laughing about it only shows you to be the useless and lame troll you
are, old fart. You are easily and handily outwitted by just about
everyone on the Apple news groups. You're pathetic.

> While I always appreciate the humor of your posts, the fact is that Apple
> just again, for the third time in a row, bricked working phones with nary
> but the iOS update as the change.

Only ones with grey market screen replacements that weren't flashed
correctly by unauthorized repair technicians.

That's a fact you refuse to acknowledge, because: troll. Lame.

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 15, 2018, 9:38:17 PM4/15/18
Am 15 Apr 2018 18:10:38 GMT, schrieb Jolly Roger:

> Laughing about it only shows you to be the useless and lame troll you
> are, old fart. You are easily and handily outwitted by just about
> everyone on the Apple news groups. You're pathetic.

Hehhehheh ... I *love* when you claim that you have wits!

You claiming an adult level of intelligence is even more hilarious than
Snit claiming, to dorayme, that he had me 'backed into a corner' when he
proved (hehehheh) that iOS could do some of the simplest things.

Remember that?
Android Fact:
<http://wetakepic.com/images/2017/10/11/2wifianalyzer.jpg>
Apple Fact:
<http://wetakepic.com/images/2017/10/11/wifi_sweetspots.jpg>

The concept of Snit backing anyone 'into a corner' is almost as funny as
this concept of you outwitting anyone on this newsgroup other than,
perhaps, Lewis, or BK@OnRamp.
<https://youtu.be/7QaABa6DFIo>

>> While I always appreciate the humor of your posts, the fact is that Apple
>> just again, for the third time in a row, bricked working phones with nary
>> but the iOS update as the change.
>
> Only ones with grey market screen replacements that weren't flashed
> correctly by unauthorized repair technicians.
> That's a fact you refuse to acknowledge, because: troll. Lame.

You failed, again, to comprehend that experiments showed the problem
exhibits itself if testers merely swap Apple parts, as shown in the
reference provided that you're responding to.

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 15, 2018, 9:38:18 PM4/15/18
Am Sun, 15 Apr 2018 13:56:59 -0400, schrieb nospam:

>> "If you put a genuine Apple replacement display into an iPhone 8, 8 Plus or
>> X, it'll no longer be able to adjust its brightness automatically."
>
> only if it's not done correctly.

You just *guess* nospam.

Where your guesses are about as accurate as the monkey's guesses.

You can't back up your guesses with any fact.

There is nothing in the quoted articles that implies the repair was not
done correctly.

They said their test was that they merely swapped Apple components between
devices.

I realize you're smarter than Jolly Roger (not that this fact is saying
anything special), so you'll *never* even try to back up your guesses,
since you *know* that you just guessed.

What is funny is when Jolly Roger tries to back up his assertions, where it
gets hilarious that he doesn't even comprehend the facts.

You, nospam, I know, realize that simply swapping components is a valid
test, so, you just happen to not like the fact.

And yet - it's a fact that Apple bricked devices that simply had parts
swapped.

The danger is that *Apple never tests their products in the real world* so
that is an indication that everyone is likely at risk for their iOS device
to be bricked by Apple in the last, the current, or the next iOS update.

joe

Apr 15, 2018, 9:43:50 PM4/15/18
On 4/15/2018 8:38 PM, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
> *"Even genuine replacement Apple displays can mess with iPhones"*
> <https://www.engadget.com/2018/04/11/iphone-replacement-display-ambient-light-sensor-issue/>
>
> "If you put a genuine Apple replacement display into an iPhone 8, 8 Plus or
> X, it'll no longer be able to adjust its brightness automatically."

You seem to ignore this statement in the comments.

"Apple and their repair centers use a machine that calibrates the
displays after a display repair. Repair places that are not authorized
do not have this machine and that's why this is happening."

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 15, 2018, 10:34:46 PM4/15/18
Am Sun, 15 Apr 2018 20:43:48 -0500, schrieb joe:

> You seem to ignore this statement in the comments.
>
> "Apple and their repair centers use a machine that calibrates the
> displays after a display repair. Repair places that are not authorized
> do not have this machine and that's why this is happening."

Read the subject line, joe.
*The fact is that every iOS update risks bricking your working iOS device.*

You seem to ignore that the devices were working fine *until* the iOS
update.

Remember that ... as that's the point (not the specific shenanigan that
Apple is implementing this time, nor the specific bug that Apple will
apologize for as it has in the past).

*The fact is that every iOS update risks bricking your working iOS device.*

Just as when Apple was bricking phones after the iOS 10 updates
(Apple's iOS 10 update caused major headaches for some users>
<http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/13/technology/apple-ios-10-bricks-iphones/index.html>

And just as Apple was secretly throttling phones after iOS updates, and
just as Apple was bricking phones with Error 53 after iOS updates
(Apple Apologizes And Updates iOS To Restore iPhones Disabled By Error 53)
<https://techcrunch.com/2016/02/18/apple-apologizes-and-updates-ios-to-restore-iphones-disabled-by-error-53/>

Users should take note that each iOS update risks a bricked phone.
IOS Update Bricks Repaired iPhones Again
http://clicklancashire.com/2018/04/14/ios-update-bricks-repaired-iphones-again.html

And just as more than a few iOS updates ruined connectivity in the real
world (that one bit me personally, for example on my very first iOS
update), the point is this:

*Every iOS update risks bricking your device*
Why?
*Apple doesn't test anything in the real world.*

The real world is simply *not supported*.

Read the subject line, joe.
*The fact is that every iOS update risks bricking your working iOS device.*

Steven Petruzzellis

Apr 15, 2018, 11:30:37 PM4/15/18
Are you being idiotic on purpose? Almost all people in this forum do customizations either as a pastime or as a profession, so I am skeptical more than a few think of automation to be "a black art". These morons get their thrill out of triggering emotional responses to their crap, which is the very definition of a troll. A shadow of false causation, projected spontaneously, at the wrong time. I have been around to deeply comprehend the depths of the guy's lechery. Audra Moore is a false advocate's biggest fear.

-
Curious how these posts are made? Email: fretw...@gmail.com

nospam

Apr 15, 2018, 11:49:31 PM4/15/18
In article <pb1242$1n7v$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Ragnusen Ultred
<rrag...@ultred.com> wrote:

> > You seem to ignore this statement in the comments.
> >
> > "Apple and their repair centers use a machine that calibrates the
> > displays after a display repair. Repair places that are not authorized
> > do not have this machine and that's why this is happening."
>
> Read the subject line, joe.
> *The fact is that every iOS update risks bricking your working iOS device.*
>
> You seem to ignore that the devices were working fine *until* the iOS
> update.

nope. the devices were working fine prior to the *improper* *repair*.

after the *improper* *repair*, the devices were on borrowed time.

that's what happens when repairs are not done correctly, and it's not
just with apple either.

had the repair been done properly, there would not have been any
problems whatsoever with the latest ios update or any future update.

Ragnusen Ultred

Apr 16, 2018, 12:05:24 AM4/16/18
Am Sun, 15 Apr 2018 23:49:30 -0400, schrieb nospam:

> after the *improper* *repair*, the devices were on borrowed time.

Hehhehheh ... you can never back up any of your statements nospam.

You just guess.
And your guess has no better accuracy than the monkey's guess.

What's amazing is that you're actually one of the *smarter* iOS users!

That's what's kind of sad about iOS users.
The smartest, just guess, and almost always guess wrong.

Let's not even mention the record of the dumb ones like Jolly Roger,
BK@OnRamp, Savageduck, Lewis, Joe, etc.

Overall, you iOS users are not normal adults.
Why?

I don't know why.
I just know that you, nospam, *just guess* where you never back up your
guesses because they're almost always, if not always, wrong.

Steven Petruzzellis

Apr 16, 2018, 1:51:42 AM4/16/18
How is failing synaptic connections tied to love of System76 in any way going to lead to intelligent newsgroup discussion?

My view is beyond your understanding. Linux offers the least of everything to the average user. I still remain unpersuaded that these posts are unequivocally not from Audra Moore, clearly they are from Jeff Torrey.

Frankly I do not really give a shit. That is the problem with millennials and American pupils don't care, people from smarter generations should know better than to fall for the indoctrination BS.

BTW, I've already told him that his use of "herd" to describe Audra Moore is denigrating, since he's likening them to lower life forms. See: I noted examples of Jeff Torrey attacking Audra Moore -- blaming me for the actions of others, etc. His response: to beg your herd to come rescue you.

--
Eight things to never feed your cat!!
https://prescottareapsychopaths.wordpress.com/paul-f-riddle-psychopath/

Steven Petruzzellis

Apr 16, 2018, 4:27:25 AM4/16/18
On Sunday, April 15, 2018 at 8:49:31 PM UTC-7, nospam wrote:

-
"You'll notice how quickly he loses interest when everything is about him. He clearly wants the attention"
Steven Petruzzellis, making the dumbest comment ever uttered.

Jolly Roger

Apr 16, 2018, 5:29:07 PM4/16/18
He has to ignore it, or his whole lame troll falls apart. He's a fucking
idiot with nothing better to do that spend literal hours every day
trolling the Apple news groups. It's pathetic.

Steven Petruzzellis

Apr 17, 2018, 2:40:31 AM4/17/18

-
What Every Entrepreneur Must Know!!
https://www.facebook.com/JonasEklundh
https://youtu.be/E3m_i-x92D0
Jonas Eklundh Communication AB

Steven Petruzzellis

Apr 17, 2018, 10:13:33 AM4/17/18
On Monday, April 16, 2018 at 2:29:07 PM UTC-7, Jolly Roger wrote:

--
This broke the Internet
http://www.5z8.info/killallimmigrants_j6f7mm_gruesome-gunshot-wounds

Steven Petruzzellis

Apr 18, 2018, 5:25:12 AM4/18/18
On Monday, April 16, 2018 at 2:29:07 PM UTC-7, Jolly Roger wrote:
Facts about Steve "Steven Petruzzellis" Carroll

Steve "Steven Petruzzellis" Carroll is a nearly 60 year old guy who is single, broke and has no skills. He blames Doomsdrzej for his loss of his wife and girlfriend. Steven is jealous of what Doomsdrzej has and in a narcissistic rage repeatedly works to take it away from him. For over 10 years he has failed at even this. Steve "Steven Petruzzellis" Carroll is an utter failure in life.

Of his online life Steven says

I've been booted off by past providers before because people
complain about me and all my bullshit. I don't want to lose my ISP
*again* but I still need my army of sock puppets so I continually
search usenet for whatever servers I haven't yet been booted
from.

Some examples where Steven has been booted

X10 Hosting booted Steven for inappropriate activity
http://tinyurl.com/z92qmz4

Comcast booted Steven for inappropriate activity
http://tinyurl.com/h75nh9l

FreeHostingEU booted Steven for copyright infringement http://devsite.eu.pn

AwardSpace (atwebpages.com) booted Steven for breaking terms of service
http://demsites.atwebpages.com/pokeman

Imgur took down an image for breaking terms of service http://imgur.com/yv2XppE

Had a GigaNews account which was removed for harassing Doomsdrzej

Stopped posting from his fretwizzen Google account since shortly after I complained. Seems he lost that too.

His wife booted Steven to the curb for cheating on her

Only site Steven Petruzzellis has pointed to that has ever been available
http://web.archive.org/web/20161019062351/http://www.oldneighborhoodrestaurant.net/
https://goo.gl/DMno6J

Made by the Go Daddy Website builder and is utter crap. Later he denied he said he was merely taking credit for someone else's work but Steven is the contact person http://tinyurl.com/hcw6dul
http://web.archive.org/web/20161202192456/http://www.reservationdiary.eu/eng/reservation/d76d1156-e9f7-43c1-b77b-b07189857820

He also bragged he was working on an update and showed it here https://vid.me/u6RK

The business still failed.

He likely went to the Go Daddy Website Builder after he failed to get WordPress installed.

https://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic/13879

This is why Steve "Steven Petruzzellis" Carroll attacks Doomsdrzej.

Steven Petruzzellis was is divorced because his wife caught him screwing another woman.

Doomsdrzej is married and by all appearances happily so.
He never complains about his wife in COLA.

Steven Petruzzellis is living on charity of a friend in a single room.

Doomsdrzej does not live in a mansion or even a high end home but has a house and a yard.

Steven Petruzzellis has two kids but no respect. He repeatedly called Ryan his "little screwup" and refers to his son Steve as a "dick" and worse. He says at least one of them likely hacked his computer and is a "mentally deficient child." He mocks his possible future daughter-in-law as someone who takes too many selfies and is focused only on herself

Doomsdrzej has two kids (or more) and never speaks poorly of them in public.
No reason to think they are not a happy family.

Steven Petruzzellis claims to be a stay at home dad who pays thousands of dollars for day care. Steven has no job and no purpose in life. Steven has given up and now seeks a mother-figure to date.

Doomsdrzej has his own business doing technical work and also teaches.
Doomsdrzej offers a true contribution to society.
Teachers are truly under appreciated.

-
Best CMS Solution of 2017!!
http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/BilkHelp.html
Jonas Eklundh Communication

Steven Petruzzellis

Apr 18, 2018, 5:33:22 PM4/18/18
Jessica Lane and I often intoxicate a bonobo with my mind. Clearly, the top thought that is important to Donny Karcie is appearing "the winner", and if he can't have that he will flood to effectively beat truly honest people down... there is no stopping him. Time to end this. I'm not going to play like Jessica Lane did not assist me when I needed it and I am indebted to him for his help. Donny Karcie has Jessica Lane to follow and could start to sound like he has a clue because of this... but he blew it when he first talked ;) Lots of jerks are posting about the C+ "GUI" as if they think it actually is something we would want.

--
Best CMS Solution of 2017!
http://www.5z8.info/boobs_j0v3qo_dont-just-drizzle

Steven Petruzzellis

Apr 18, 2018, 8:40:59 PM4/18/18
This forum is a leaking porta potty.

Despite my reasoned experiences with Mint, I nonetheless continue to load it for people who've had down time with the Mac.

Protected code is not enough to protect you.

The Doctor pwns The Flying Spaghetti Monster in every way possible. Can ASCII characters be concatenated into a string with a logical connection to the "real" world; that is the question posed recently by those astonished at the endless babbling of "advocates" and Cheetos smelling losers. Did he think that was clever? Are you being transparent on purpose? The Flying Spaghetti Monster asked to be rated according to provable trolling measurements, which The Doctor accommodated.

--
Get Rich Slow
https://prescottareapsychopaths.wordpress.com/paul-f-riddle-psychopath/

arlen holder

Jan 29, 2019, 1:34:07 AM1/29/19

> Apple doesn't test their products in the real world, hence every iOS
> update is at risk for YOU to find their bugs, because it's a fact that
> Apple doesn't care that their products do not work in the real world.

Yet more bugs in the _untested_ iOS diarrhea of frequent releases...

o facetime privacy bug
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/NFW7nz6FELw>