measured signal strength

badgolferman

Nov 9, 2018, 11:45:47 AM11/9/18
I want to see the actual measured dB cellular signal strength on my
iPhone 7 iOS 12.1 Home screen. As you can see I get lousy reception at
work so it's great to have WiFi calling capability with my carrier
T-Mobile.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x39ke7rr8eqrp1/File%20Nov%2009%2C%2010%2056%2008.jpeg?dl=0

It appears Apple has removed the capability to display that instead of
the bars. Does anyone know how to make that work? Alternatively does
anyone have an app that would show that?

Lewis

Nov 9, 2018, 6:15:07 PM11/9/18
There is no way to show this on the home screen anymore.

I don't know if there is an app that can do this because I've never
cared enough to look.

--
I NO LONGER WANT MY MTV Bart chalkboard Ep. 3G02

Arlen_Holder

Nov 9, 2018, 8:09:03 PM11/9/18
On Fri, 9 Nov 2018 16:45:46 +0000 (UTC), badgolferman wrote:

> I want to see the actual measured dB cellular signal strength on my
> iPhone 7 iOS 12.1 Home screen.

Hi badgolferman,

I hope the detail below helps...

I think both Jolly Roger & nospam, as I recall, in the past anyway, have
insisted you can do something of what you ask to get a *convenient*
real-time idea of signal strength and from what specific tower (which is
important sometimes, if you, like I, have more than one cellular femtocell
and cellular repeater inside your own home) so we can wait for them to
respond with the current status.

I'm only up to speed on the older status of about a year or two ago, so I
can't help you with the current status (I gave my iPad to my wife about two
weeks ago because her iPad, with cellular SIMS, was low on battery during
(yet another) power outage, where, since I've got a phablet now, I really
can't find any good use for the iPad anymore (since iOS doesn't play
youtube well which was all that I was using that iPad for anyway, because
of the bigger screen).

Since I don't know the current status, I can only refer you to the previous
thread on reporting *accurate* information about cellphone towers & signal
strength (not bits per second, but decibels).

o Which app do you use to scan/debug GSM/CDMA cellular tower signal strength?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/LizlMNsu49Q/1q-S5yH4CAAJ>

o It's a fact current iOS devices can't even report the correct cell tower ID
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/2F_24NrIU3Q/TMgNZzFFAwAJ>

o Is there a reason (what is the reason) Apple iOS won't let users get the cell tower ID?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/1QKD-6c06_w/_iwMIbDjCQAJ>

Hope this helps until Jolly Roger and nospam can come to your rescue.

Alan Browne

Nov 11, 2018, 1:27:29 PM11/11/18
https://lifehacker.com/5929546/see-the-actual-signal-strength-on-your-iphone-with-this-quick-tweak

That used to work.

Now I don't get the signal in dBm and the Field Test app seems to hang.

YMMV.

--
"2/3 of Donald Trump's wives were immigrants. Proof that we
need immigrants to do jobs that most Americans wouldn't do."

Arlen_Holder

Nov 11, 2018, 4:40:17 PM11/11/18
On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 13:27:24 -0500, Alan Browne wrote:

> https://lifehacker.com/5929546/see-the-actual-signal-strength-on-your-iphone-with-this-quick-tweak
>
> That used to work.
>
> Now I don't get the signal in dBm and the Field Test app seems to hang.

Hehhehheh...

You need to ask nospam and Jolly Roger who claim to know the answer.
They have said, repeatedly, loudly, & adamantly, that you can do it.

It's their turn to prove what they say (hehhehheh).

While I always speak only facts, the Apologists always just make it up.

HINT:
*Apple Apologists constantly _fabricate_ their claimed functionality.*