Spelunx

Frank Kolnick

Nov 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/30/95
Does anyone know to get extra 'rooms' for the Spelunx maze (for the
Mac)? The manual says they can be added "when they become available".
Can they be purchased, downloaded, etc.?
TIA

Doug VanOmmeran

Dec 1, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/1/95

Unfortunately Spelunx was never updated to include extra rooms. While the
hope was that development would allow for this it never happened. Whether it
was due to its relatively light commercial success or not is anyone's guess.
It does have a cult following, though, that hopefully will someday gather
enough mass to see some updates.

Gary E. Bloom

Dec 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/2/95
In article <49mc88$20s...@CRL.crl.com>, dou...@crl.com (Doug VanOmmeran) wrote:

> Unfortunately Spelunx was never updated to include extra rooms. While the
> hope was that development would allow for this it never happened. Whether it
> was due to its relatively light commercial success or not is anyone's guess.
> It does have a cult following, though, that hopefully will someday gather
> enough mass to see some updates.

That's doubtful, unless Cyan gets tired of raking in the money for adult
titles. Myst sold a lot of copies.

--
Gary E. Bloom
Editor, SoftWorlds for Children

Mark H. DeForest

Dec 4, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/4/95
to g...@halcyon.com, dou...@crl.com
g...@halcyon.com (Gary E. Bloom) wrote:
>In article <49mc88$20s...@CRL.crl.com>, dou...@crl.com (Doug VanOmmeran) wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately Spelunx was never updated to include extra rooms. While the
>> hope was that development would allow for this it never happened. Whether it
>> was due to its relatively light commercial success or not is anyone's guess.
>> It does have a cult following, though, that hopefully will someday gather
>> enough mass to see some updates.
>
>That's doubtful, unless Cyan gets tired of raking in the money for adult
>titles. Myst sold a lot of copies.

Yes, even though the adult titles like Myst make more money than the kids titles,
Cyan still has a soft heart for kids games (you can be a lot more creative with a
lot more humor). Currently, Cyan does not have plans to re-release an expanded
Spelunx, but that could change...

Currently, along with working on Myst II, we are colorizing Cosmic Osmo, which is
taking a fair amount of work, but is looking like it will be well worth it.

mark

/ Mark H. DeForest ma...@cyan.com
\_/
C Y A N "Oh my! There's a tiny boat in my teacup!"