Obama regime: The Compleat List of Czars

Richard Moore

May 9, 2010, 12:19:11 PM5/9/10
Bcc: contributors ____________

http://investigatingobama.blogspot.com/2009/08/compleat-list-of-czars.html

MONDAY, AUGUST 17, 2009 The Compleat List of
Czars<http://investigatingobama.blogspot.com/2009/08/compleat-list-of-czars.h
tml> Updated, Monday, 8/17/2009

Drafting the fishy angles and curves of the czar regime of Barack
the Destroyer. And here we thought we already had a government --
you know, the constitutional one.

The Compleat* List of Czars<http://frontpage.americandaughter.com/?p=2385>
in American Daughter<http://www.americandaughter.com/>, by Nancy
Matthis

Bypassing the authority of Congress, Barack Obama rules through
czars -- the beginnings of dictatorship:

1. Afghanistan-Pakistan (Af-Pak) czar, Richard
Holbrooke<http://www.state.gov/secretary/rm/2009a/01/115297.htm>
2. AIDS czar, Jeffrey Crowley [openly gay white
man]<http://www.aidsconnect.net/?q=content/blog/new-aids-czar-noted-medicaid-
geek-widely-praised-advocates> 3. Auto recovery czar, Ed
Montgomery<http://www.employmentspectator.com/2009/07/new-car-czar-promises-2
5-million-to-retrain-auto-workers/> 4. Behavioral science czar,
position not yet filled 5. Bailout czar, Herbert Allison
Jr.<http://www.ohio.com/news/nation/43215927.html>, [replaced Bush
bailout czar Neel Kashkari, Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for
Financial Stability confirmed by Senate] 6. Border czar, Alan
Bersin<http://www.kltv.com/global/story.asp?s=10190380> 7. Car
czar, Ron Bloom<http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0709/24876.html>
[Counselor to the Secretary of the Treasury , under Senate oversight]
8. Climate change czar, Todd
Stern<http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1874152,00.html> 9.
Copyright czar, not appointed yet 10. Counterterrorism czar, John
Brennan<http://washingtonindependent.com/24374/brennan-will-be-white-house-co
unterterrorism-czar> 11. Cybersecurity czar, position will be vacant
on August 21st [upon the departure of Melissa
Hathaway<http://whitehouse.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/08/04/wh-on-resignation-of-
cybersecurity-adviser-melissa-hathaway/>] 12. Disinformation czar,
Linda
Douglass<file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Arlen/My%20Documents/AW%20Site
s/Investigating%20Obama/compleat-list-of-czars-090817.html> [This
is a new media buzz since our earlier list, a response by pundits
to the White House request for
informants<http://frontpage.americandaughter.com/?p=2392>: see Glenn
Beck<http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/28961/>
and Lew
Rockwell<http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/31990.html>] 13.
Domestic violence czar, Lynn
Rosenthal<http://www.usnews.com/blogs/erbe/2009/06/29/obamas-endless-czar-lis
t-now-includes-a-domestic-violence-aide.html> 14. Drug czar, Gil
Kerlikowske<http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/World/Story/STIStory_
348890.html> 15. Economic czar, Larry
Summers<http://money.cnn.com/2009/03/13/news/economy/larry_summers/index.htm?

postversion=2009031315> 16. Economic czar number two, Paul
Volcker<http://money.cnn.com/2009/03/13/news/economy/larry_summers/> 17.
Education czar, Arne
Duncan<http://politics.theatlantic.com/2009/04/does_us_education_cost_as_much
_as_our_health_care.php> 18. Energy czar, Carol
Browner<http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1866567,00.html>
19. Food czar, Michael
Taylor<http://blogs.healthfreedomalliance.org/blog/2009/07/24/more-on-micahel
-taylor-our-new-food-czar/> [a former Monsanto executive, or, the
fox in charge of the henhouse] 20. Government performance czar,
Jeffrey Zients<http://www.govexec.com/dailyfed/0409/042009rb1.htm>
21. Great Lakes czar, Cameron
Davis<http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1607289,w-great-lakes-obama-davis-06
0409.article> 22. Green jobs czar, Van
Jones<http://greendig.net/van-jones-green-jobs-czar/> [who has a
communist
background<http://newzeal.blogspot.com/2009/04/obama-file-72-obama-appoints-f
ormer.html>] 23. Guantanamo closure czar, Daniel
Fried<http://www.mcclatchydc.com/homepage/story/63888.html> 24.
Health czar, Nancy-Ann
DeParle<http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1882709,00.html>
25. Infotech czar, Vivek Kundra<http://www.oifc.in/news_march09_003.asp>
[Shoplifted four shirts, worth $33.50 each, from J.C. Penney in
1996
(source<http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-the-czar-administration-2009-7/i
nformation-czar-4>). His last day in DC government was March 4 but
on March 12 the FBI raided his office and arrested two
staffers<http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0309/FBI_raids_office_of_DC_C
TO_Obama_appointee.html>.] 26. Intelligence czar, Dennis
Blair<http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24878572-26397,00.ht
ml> [Director of National Intelligence, a Senate confirmed position.
He is a retired United States Navy four-star admiral] 27. Latin-American
czar, Arturo Valenzuela
(nominee)<http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601086&sid=admFvdOL9YY4>
[although this post is referred to as a czar, he is nominatied to
be Assistant Secretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs and
so is subject to Senate confirmation. Voting on his confirmation
was delayed to clarify his position on Honduras. Watch WaPo'sHead
Count<http://projects.washingtonpost.com/2009/federal-appointments/affiliatio
n/state-department/> to track status of confirmation.] 28. Mideast
peace czar, George
Mitchell<http://www.state.gov/secretary/rm/2009a/01/115297.htm> 29.
Mideast policy czar, Dennis
Ross<http://jewish-politics-ny.com/2009/06/25/ross-move-its-official/> 30.
Pay czar, Kenneth
Feinberg<http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124464909136002467.html>
31. Regulatory czar, Cass
Sunstein<http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123138051682263203.html>
32. Religion czar, aka God czar Joshua
DuBois<http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/01/29/Obama-to-name-pastor-to-faith-b
ased-post/UPI-27721233241988/> 33. Safe schools czar, Kevin
Jennings<http://www.cnsnews.com/Public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=49741>
[appointed to be Assistant Deputy Secretary of the Office of Safe
and Drug-Free Schools, a newly created post (that does not require
Senate
confirmation<http://www.christianpost.com/blogs/opinion/2009/06/safe-schools-
czar-22/index.html>); openly gay founder of an organization dedicated
to promoting pro-homosexual clubs and curricula in public schools]
34. Science czar, John
Holdren<http://blogs.physicstoday.org/newspicks/2008/12/john-holdren-expected
-to-be-an.html> 35. Stimulus oversight czar, Earl
Devaney<http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&
address=132x8218039> 36. Sudan czar, J. Scott
Gration<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/18/j-scott-gration-special-e_n_
176266.html> 37. TARP czar, Elizabeth
Warren<http://willfjohnston.com/2009/04/16/jon-stewart-interviews-tarp-czar-e
lizabeth-warren/> [chair of the [Congressional Oversight Panel for
the Trouble Assets Relief Program; note that Herb Allison is
frequently called the TARP czar] 38. Technology czar, Aneesh
Chopra<http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2009/04/18/tech-industry-cheers-as-obama-t
aps-aneesh-chopra-for-cto/> 39. Trade czar, Ron
Kirk<http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2008/12/obama_names_hi
s_trade_czar.cfm> 40. Urban affairs czar, Adolfo
Carrion<http://www.americantaino.blogspot.com/2009/02/adolfo-carrion-jr-ameri
cas-czar-for.html> 41. War czar, Douglas
Lute<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/13/obama-will-retain-bushs-w_n_157
558.html> [retained from Bush administration, married to Jane Holl
Lute, currently a Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security] 42. Water
czar, David J.

Hayes<http://www.fresnobee.com/opinion/story/1504966.html> [a Deputy
Interior Secretary and therefore subject to Senate oversight] 43.
Weapons czar, Ashton
Carter<http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123810761835052441.html>
[actually Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology,
and Logistics and so subject to Senate confirmation] 44. Weapons
of mass destruction czar, Gary
Samore<http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01/29/gary-samore-tapped-weapons-
mass-destruction-czar/>

Positions being planned:

1. Income redistribution czar 2. Land-use czar 3. Mortgage czar,
formally "consumer financial protection czar"

(source<http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Obama-wants-new-financial-apf-15541063.

html?sec=topStories&pos=4&asset=&ccode=>) 4. Radio-internet fairness
czar 5. Student loan czar, to oversee a program of mandatory service
in return for college money
(source<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPCers_JmuQ&feature=PlayList&p=788A379
D232B05F7&index=185>) 6. Voter list czar 7. Zoning czar

[cid:1E595947-D690-46DB-9287-215E087DA638@vodafone]

Obama has moved swiftly to concentrate power in the White House,
bypassing the review of our elected representatives in Congress in
most of the posts listed above. Even though cabinet positions are
part of the executive branch, the cabinet secretaries must be
approved by Congress, they are funded by Congress, and they can be
called before Congress to testify. Most of these czars, on the other
hand, are appointed by Obama at his sole discretion, and are
answerable only to him. If subpoenaed by Congress, they can claim
executive privilege.

Right after the election last November, Lowell Ponte of NewsMax
published a tongue-in-cheek article that purported to be written
eight years in the future, looking back on the Obama administration.
Given the administration's current initiatives, the ominous
prognostication seems frighteningly likely:

Looking back from 2016 on eight strange years of President Barack
Obama's administration, we see that it has been nothing like what
idealists believed they were electing in 2008.

The Obama years will be remembered in the Ministry of Truth's
official history as the era of 1,000 czars, the elitist commissars
he gave the power to rule by fiat in every sector of America's
government, economy, and society.... And through their partisan
power, Barack Obama became America's permanent caesar.

________________________________

[This article is an update of our earlier post -- Obama's Imperial
Court<http://frontpage.americandaughter.com/?p=2272>. It was created
specifically to serve as a current reference list of czars with
news links, since we have not found such a research tool readily
available.]

Concord Monitor -- Obama and his 32
czars<http://www.cmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090801/OPINION/908
010303/1028/OPINION02> "The biggest problems that we're facing right
now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power
into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all. And
that's what I intend to reverse when I'm president of the United
States."

- Sen. Barack Obama, March 31, 2008

To say President Obama failed to follow through on this promise is
an understatement. By appointing a virtual army of "czars" - each
wholly unaccountable to Congress yet tasked with spearheading major
policy efforts for the White House - the president has made an
end-run around the legislative branch of historic proportions....
Vesting such broad authority in the hands of people not subjected
to Senate confirmation and congressional oversight poses a grave
threat to our system of checks and balances.

NewsFlavor -- The Obama
"Czars"<http://newsflavor.com/politics/us-politics/the-obama-%E2%80%9Cczars%E
2%80%9D/> These Czars are well paid, earning between $158,500 and
$172,200, and using just the lower level of $158,500, this calculates
to $5,072,000 annually....

These Czars are designing policies in our country, and are neither
subject to congressional approval or oversight. They do what they
want, when they want, and the public through its elected representatives
have no recourse.

WorldNetDaily -- Obama's radical, anti-American
czars<http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=104514> Among
Barack Obama's 34 unaccountable "czars" are at least two whose
radical roots and extremist views should disqualify them from service
in government at any level let alone as top advisers to the
president.... John Holdren, his pick as top science adviser, is a
population-control zealot who believes the Constitution justifies
compulsory abortions on a massive worldwide scale. So much for the
notion that radical abortion politics is ultimately about "choice."...
Van Jones, the special environmental adviser to the White House,
has an equally checkered past deep-rooted in radical politics,
including black nationalism, anarchism and communism.

The Daily Beast -- Get to Know Obama's
Czars<http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-04-21/get-to-know-o
bamas-czars/p/>
....maybe he just likes delegating, but President Obama has been appointing
czars at a furious rate since taking office.... ...the czar-ness
of various executive branch positions is somewhat ambiguous (one
mans czar is another mans special assistant to the president)....

NoisyRoom -- Obama's Czars Listing
UPDATED<http://noisyroom.net/blog/2009/07/22/obamas-czars-listing-update-0722
09/> Note from ADMC: While this list contains some inaccuracies,
it has something none of the other sources offered -- a comprehensive
list of duties associated with each position. Terrific piece of
research by Terresa Monroe-Hamilton.

(UPDATE 8/3/09, late evening: All inaccuracies have been corrected.)
IMAO -- Czar Czar
Galore<http://www.imao.us/index.php/2009/06/czar-czar-galore/> The
Obama Administration is not the first administration to appoint
someone with broad powers to oversee a function. You know. A "czar."
Previously, we've had Drug Czars, Energy Czars, and so on. But,
Barack Obama has gone Czar crazy.

The Business Insider -- Obama's Czars: The Men Behind The
Crown<http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-the-czar-administration-2009-7>
UPDATE: Some clarification is needed about the "car czar." In
mid-February, Obama created<http://www.ustreas.gov/press/releases/tg36.htm>
thePresidential Task Force on the Auto Industry, officially led by
Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and National Economic Council
Director Lawrence Summers ("economic czar"). In practice, Wall
Street hedge fund mogul and auto industry insider Steve Rattner was
brought to
Washington<http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123541275859350011.html> to
spearhead operations -- his official title was Counselor to the
Secretary of the Treasury -- and he was dubbed the "car czar" by
the media.

Rattner orchestrated the amazingly fast restructuring of Chrysler
and General Motors, but his brief servicewas plagued by unresolved
allegations<http://www.businessinsider.com/henry-blodget-payments-by-steve-ra
ttner-under-investigation-in-new-york-kickback-scandal-2009-4> of
his involvement in the New York State retirement fund kickback
scandal, exacerbated by the fact that he was building a $15 million
summer
home<http://www.nypost.com/seven/05182009/gossip/pagesix/car_czar_steven_ratt
ner_rides_over_viney_169861.htm> on Martha's Vineyard as many
Americans were losing their primary homes to foreclosure.

Ron Bloom, formerly a Wall Street investment
banker<http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/b/ron_bloom
/index.html> who was familiar with the auto industry from serving
as advisor to the United Steel Workers
Union<http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/02/16/who-is-ron-bloom/>, was
already working alongside Rattner on the task force. When Rattner
left, Ron Bloom stepped into the job of Counselor to the Secretary
of the Treasury vacated by Rattner, leading many to call him the
new car czar<http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0709/24876.html>.

But the "heavy lifting" of the task force had already been done in
the restructuring of the car manufacturers, and the emphasis now
shifted to the recovery of the auto industry. That is the
responsibility<http://money.cnn.com/2009/03/30/news/economy/recovery_director
/index.htm> of Ed Montgomery, whose official title is Director of
Recovery for Auto Communities and Workers. And unlike Rattner, who
nominally reported to a Cabinet Secretary subject to Congressional
review, Montgomery is a true "czar"

who reports directly to the President, is not subject to vetting,
and enjoys executive privilege.

We could resolve this ambiguity in the "czar list" as follows:

* Ron Bloom, car czar

* Ed Montgomery, auto recovery czar

but we may not hear a lot about Ron Bloom going forward, while the
work of Montgomery will remain in focus. Bottom line: Ron Bloom got
Steve Rattner's actual job, but Ed Montgomery inherited the media
mantle of "car czar."

___________________ * The spelling of the title is a literary
allusion to The Compleat Angler by Izaak Walton, circa 1653, a
staple of English literature. The variant spelling "compleat"
signifies "quintessential," the be all and end all, the last word.

Thank you, American Daughter<http://www.americandaughter.com/>.

Is this preparing the way for a replacement government, when the
"disruption"

of America is... compleat?

_________________ subscribe mailto:

newslog-...@yahoogroups.com<mailto:newslog-...@yahoogroups.com>

blog for subscribers:

http://cyberjournal-rkm.blogspot.com/

Prognosis 2012: the elite agenda for social transformation
http://rkmdocs.blogspot.com/2010/02/prognosis-2012.html

The Grand Story of Humanity
http://rkmdocs.blogspot.com/2010/03/grand-story-of-humanity.html

The Story of Hierarchy
http://rkmdocs.blogspot.com/2010/03/story-of-hierarchy.html

Climate science: observations vs. models
http://rkmdocs.blogspot.com/2010/01/climate-science-observations-vs-models.ht
ml

related websites:

http://www.governourselves.org/ http://escapingthematrix.org/
http://cyberjournal.org

archives:

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a
name of obama-the-great.jpg]