Buy A Brick For The Nikola Tesla Museum

Brant Holeman

Sep 24, 2014, 8:42:29 PM9/24/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Have Blue

Sep 24, 2014, 10:08:20 PM9/24/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm, maybe the makerspace could buy a brick for the Tesla museum....
--

---

Bob Trocke

Sep 24, 2014, 10:09:30 PM9/24/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

That's a cool idea. I'd go in on that.

Bob

Shane T.

Sep 25, 2014, 12:15:29 AM9/25/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I would go in on one with the Makerspace's name on it.

On 9/24/2014 7:42 PM, Brant Holeman wrote:
--

---

---

Vishal Rana

Sep 25, 2014, 12:29:17 AM9/25/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I will throw in $25 if we want to go down that route.

Vishal
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to milwaukeemakers...@googlegroups.com.

Joe Rodriguez

Sep 25, 2014, 7:45:53 AM9/25/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Count me in for $25 also - it would be cool if we could get the logo on it.

Thanks,
Joe Rodriguez

Bob Trocke

Sep 25, 2014, 9:56:57 AM9/25/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

I agree we should go for the logo.  ($350).  I'll put in $25 too.

Brant

Sep 25, 2014, 1:36:51 PM9/25/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I propose that the Board of Directors vote to match any member contributions dollar per dollar up to $350.

I will also chip in $25 of my own money.

Pete Prodoehl

Sep 25, 2014, 3:19:33 PM9/25/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

I'd vote yes to that.

Pete

wwill...@wi.rr.com

Sep 28, 2014, 8:25:52 PM9/28/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
+ $25
Bill**2

Lance Lamont

Sep 29, 2014, 6:33:53 AM9/29/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I just put together a Wiki page to track group buys - it's here:

And I'll put $25 toward this.  I think it is a fun, social thing to do.  Someone will have to go find it after it's installed, so we can get a picture of it at the 'space.

Lance Lamont

Sep 29, 2014, 6:12:47 PM9/29/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
We're at $175 - half way there.

Should we ask someone to make some art?  I'd love to see the Makerspace logo in the middle, with some tesla-esque stuff around it.

-Lance

Shane T.

Sep 29, 2014, 7:00:46 PM9/29/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I'm down for $25 and, now that Maker Faire is over, I could volunteer to do some custom design work (That is, I don't care who does it, but I'll toss my hat into the ring if no one else offers).

Shane T.

Sep 29, 2014, 7:01:53 PM9/29/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
...I also just so happen to have some Tesla coil and Wardenclyffe designs on hand from a previous business deal that fell through.

Niles Stonne

Sep 29, 2014, 7:12:41 PM9/29/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Interesting...  You were just the person I was thinking of ;)

Why don't you throw out an idea or two on this thread?

(Your pledge added to Wiki - new total $200)

-Lance

--

---

Lance Lamont

Sep 29, 2014, 10:13:02 PM9/29/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Tom Gr. just pledged $200, bringing the total up to $400!

A single brick is $350 - so we're already there.

If we keep getting pledges, we can purchase an additional brick.

If we get to $1200, we can get a 4 brick array.

-Lance

Shane T.

Sep 29, 2014, 11:24:28 PM9/29/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Depending on the margins required, I could design something that spans all 4....

Tom Gralewicz

Sep 29, 2014, 11:25:51 PM9/29/14
to milwaukeemakerspace
Sorry, wrong list.  I thought that was the list for the PCB printer.
I fixed both pledges.

Tom Gralewicz
Chronic Maker

--

---

Niles Stonne

Sep 29, 2014, 11:50:23 PM9/29/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com

Oops :)

Should i move each group but to a separate wiki page?

Thanks for updating the wiki Tom.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "milwaukeemakerspace" group.

Vishal Rana

Sep 30, 2014, 12:34:43 PM9/30/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I can champion this. Brant proposed a board match. Was anything decided?

It is listed on the the indiegogo campaign that " The sooner you back the project, the better the location of your brick"

I can purchase the brick tonight and collect the pledges later.

Vishal

Dan Jonke

Sep 30, 2014, 12:55:54 PM9/30/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, We voted this down. As one of the no votes, I will tell you that I personally love Mr. Tesla. There are more important things to spend precious member dues on (cough, buy the building, cough).

I talked it over with Lara last night, and we are personally chipping in $25 to the cause!

-Dan

Vishal Rana

Sep 30, 2014, 12:59:05 PM9/30/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
That's understandable! Thanks for letting us know.

Also, thanks for contributing.

Vishal

Niles Stonne

Sep 30, 2014, 1:42:55 PM9/30/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for championing this Vishal!

-Lance

Dennis Draheim

Oct 1, 2014, 12:24:22 AM10/1/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I'll throw in $25.  Already added it to the wiki.
Dennis

Vishal Rana

Oct 1, 2014, 3:41:24 AM10/1/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
The makerspace will have a 8x8 brick with a logo at the Tesla museum! They will send ask for our logo and text after the campaign is over on November 8th.

We get a logo and 2 lines (20 characters per line). One line will say Milwaukee Makerspace. What's the opinion on the other one?

I have received payment from Shane and will be updating the wiki as I receive from others.

Vishal

Shane T.

Oct 1, 2014, 3:45:07 AM10/1/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
"Making the world a better place"
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to milwaukeemakerspace+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

---

---

---

---

---

---

Dennis

--

---

Vishal Rana

Oct 1, 2014, 3:50:24 AM10/1/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
20 characters or less :) We could always include the "Milwaukee Makerspace" in our logo and include a 40 character statement

Vishal

Joe Rodriguez

Oct 1, 2014, 5:19:02 AM10/1/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I don't think we could have text that small even in the graphic.  It wouldn't hold up to traffic over time.

Do spaces count?  If not it could be:
Making a better world
It is 21 characters though with the spaces...

Maybe:
Community of Makers

Thanks,
Joe Rodriguez

Vishal Rana

Oct 2, 2014, 6:58:22 PM10/2/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I am sure spaces count...let's keep thinking

Shane T.

Oct 2, 2014, 8:40:59 PM10/2/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
How large of a logo will they let us use?

An 8x8" brick is a healthy size and I could definitely work the text into the logo very easily.

If that were to work, I'd like to offer my own saying (made for a poem on the greatness of makerspaces which I still haven't finished because projects) "Makers unite for the glory of Things."
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to milwaukeemakerspace+unsubscribe...@googlegroups.com.

---

---

---

---

---

---

Dennis

--

---

---

---

Joe Rodriguez

Oct 3, 2014, 4:54:27 AM10/3/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Well, it doesn't have to have spaces...  How about:
Making aBetterWorld

That is 19 characters with only the one space and I don't think it is hard to read.

If the graphic can take over the whole brick, then Shane may have a better idea.

Thanks,
Joe Rodriguez
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to milwaukeemakers...@googlegroups.com.

Pete Prodoehl

Oct 3, 2014, 8:06:20 AM10/3/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Make a Better World?

Pete

(Sent from a tiny pocket computer.)

Joe Rodriguez

Oct 3, 2014, 8:11:32 AM10/3/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Ooo I like that even better.  It encourages others to take on the mission and make it their own.

Thanks,
Joe Rodriguez

Niles Stonne

Oct 3, 2014, 8:13:32 AM10/3/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
<logo + tesla goodness>
Milwaukee Makerspace
Make a Better World

Keith McMillan

Oct 3, 2014, 8:28:33 AM10/3/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
"Take that, Edison!" perhaps?

---

---

---

---

---

---

Niles Stonne

Oct 3, 2014, 8:29:44 AM10/3/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
LOL, awesome.

Vishal Rana

Oct 3, 2014, 1:54:03 PM10/3/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I like it...I'll share the logo parameters once I receive them.

Vishal

Vishal Rana

Dec 3, 2014, 4:14:21 PM12/3/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
The recently received logo parameters follow

Logos should be emailed as an IBM-compatible file. Acceptable file formats include EPS, PCL, PCX, CDR OR PLT (PDF, JPG or BMP images cannot be accepted). Images should have a minimum resolution of 300 dpi and should be provided in black and white. Logos not supplied in the specified format can be received as true camera-ready art but a minimum charge of $100.00 will be assessed per logo. The company that engraves the bricks may also require an additional charge if the logo is highly complex.

I would to like to send something in the next 7-10 days.

I plan on sending the following 2 lines for publishing

Milwaukee Makerspace
Make a Better World

I have been updating the group buy wiki page as I receive payments. Let me know if I forgot to mark somebody.

Vishal

Vishal Rana

Dec 17, 2014, 10:37:04 AM12/17/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
I have received anything yet, so I plan on sending the attached file (our logo) tonight.

Vishal
Milwaukee Makerspace Logo.eps

wwill...@wi.rr.com

Dec 17, 2014, 11:22:16 AM12/17/14
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Works for me.

Bill**2

Vishal Rana

Apr 14, 2015, 8:08:17 AM4/14/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Attached is the recently received design for our brick for the Tesla Museum. Ignore the boiler plate text.

Vishal

TSCMIL.pdf

Brant Holeman

Apr 14, 2015, 8:25:11 AM4/14/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
+1

--

---

Sincerely,
Brant Holeman

Ellen Fulton

Apr 14, 2015, 9:03:34 AM4/14/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Nice!

Sent from my iPhone
<TSCMIL.pdf>

Shane T.

Apr 14, 2015, 10:20:55 AM4/14/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
So we're not going with Massie's new design of our logo?

On Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 7:08:17 AM UTC-5, Vishal wrote:
Attached is the recently received design for our brick for the Tesla Museum. Ignore the boiler plate text.

Vishal

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 10:22 AM, wwill...@wi.rr.com <wwill...@wi.rr.com> wrote:
Works for me.

Bill**2

On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 9:37:04 AM UTC-6, Vishal wrote:
I have received anything yet, so I plan on sending the attached file (our logo) tonight.

Vishal

--

---

Melissa Scherrer Paré

Apr 14, 2015, 10:50:32 AM4/14/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
A different font maybe? http://www.dafont.com/  free fonts here.

Vishal Rana

Apr 14, 2015, 10:51:47 AM4/14/15
to milwaukee...@googlegroups.com
Font is chosen by the company that is doing the brick inscription. Out only input was the logo and text content.

Vishal