TWALD shirts, also what's a TWALD?

Bob Burns

Jun 24, 2017, 1:51:39 PM6/24/17
to ChiVinMoto - Chicago Vintage Motorcyclists, MilVinMoto
As previously mentioned we'll once again have shirts available this year. Gabe is working on some kind of deer related design. Apparently this is funny for some reason, I don't know why. I have no clear recollection of last year's event having spent most of the weekend stoned out of my mind on Oxycodone.

Same deal as always one the shirts. 20 bucks, pre order, cash on delivery, long sleeve, ladies sizes, whatever. Email me your order.

The other night at Scott's place I had three newer ChiVinMoto people as me what the deal is with this TWALD thing.

TWALD stands for The Weekend After Labor Day. The T has also stood for Two or Three in the past. Something like 15 years ago my wife and I were out riding around in NE Illinois and SW Wisconsin and I said to her "We have to get those ChiVinMoto people to come out here and ride around."

So we invited everybody out to Galena. Something like 25 people showed up and we had a great time. The next year we did it again and about 35 people showed up. The year after that we said "Galena is too damn expensive" and we moved the party to Boscobel. Now we get about 100 people. Mostly it's folks on older bikes but just about anything is welcome.

Thursday night is the lasagna special at the bowling alley for the early arrivals followed by maybe a garage night somewhere. Friday is maybe a visit to a local summer home and drunken parking lot revelry and visits from Boscobel's Finest. Saturday there's a group photo at 11am and maybe a lunch stop somewhere. The motel outside of town that is the location of a big bonfire party Saturday night. There will be chili, beer, and ridiculous prizes.

There is limited camping available for those who are so inclined.

This thing is not a rally, there is no admission fee, all activities are optional, there are no big organized rides. Just a bunch of people who like old bikes taking off for the weekend and having a great time. If that's the kind of thing you're into then come on out. See you September 8, 9, and 10 in Boscobel.

--
-Bob Burns

Bob Burns

Jun 27, 2017, 5:57:35 AM6/27/17
to brady polowy, ChiVinMoto - Chicago Vintage Motorcyclists, MilVinMoto

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 8:53 AM, brady polowy <bra...@gmail.com> wrote:
TWALD SUCKS!

Haters gonna hate.

Brady gonna brate.