TWALD 2015 one month warning!

Bob Burns

Aug 12, 2015, 7:48:59 AM8/12/15
to ChiVinMoto - Chicago Vintage Motorcyclists, MilVinMoto
One month from the 2015 edition of TWALD. The year the T stands for "The" so it's The Weekend After Labor Day, September 11, 12, 13.

For those of you staying at The Sands - I hope you've confirmed your reservation. Pretty soon all unconfirmed rooms will go up for grabs to the waiting list. Get a move on.

I've had a few visits at The Sands in the last several months. The new management is a nice kid by the name of Runi (Roo-knee) and the place has the same totally adequate feel we've come to expect. Although I'm not sure if there are still refrigerators in the rooms that used to have them. And the lawn chairs are gone, Runi said they were all cracked and messed up so he threw them out. I pointed out to Runi that people like to sit around in the parking lot drinking beer. He said he's OK with people taking the chairs in the rooms outside.

I don't think he's thought that one through.

Anyway, if you have a favorite lawn chair I suggest you bring it. Seating will be in short supply at the bonfire. As always Jennifer and I will be happy to haul chairs or other luggage in our van. Email me direct to arrange drop off.

Rough schedule of events, all events are voluntary including showing up to being with:

Thursday night:  6pm dinner at Boscobel Bowl. If you order the lasagna special get the small.
Thursday night after dinner it's BoscoVinMoto Garage Night at BoscoBill's. Address will not be published. Follow someone who knows where Bill lives.

Friday: Ride motorcycles until it gets dark and then sit around in the parking lot.

Saturday: 11am group photo in the parking lot at Hubl's Motel followed by a lunch ride to Joe Block's summer place. Address will not be published. Get a map at the group photo. Joe and Deb will be serving traditional Wisconsin fare, brats and potato salad.

Saturday night: dinner is served at 6pm in the back yard at Hubl's Motel. Bonfire lit at sun down. Cheesy awards presentation after dinner, if your riding buddy does something awesome, good or bad, let me know and maybe they'll win a prize.

Sunday: pack it up and go home.

Questions? Ask.

--
-Bob Burns

Kilted One

Oct 4, 2015, 3:04:58 PM10/4/15
to ChiVinMoto - Chicago Vintage Motorcyclists, ChiVi...@googlegroups.com, MilVi...@googlegroups.com
Expanded, but the SIGN is still there in the picture. Oh, the glorious sign...