Dual Sports as Comfort Rides

eddiekilowatt

Mar 19, 2017, 6:08:06 PM3/19/17
to MilVinMoto - Milwaukee Vintage Motorcyclists
I rode a dual sport Yamaha DT175 during yesterday's Frozen Snot Ride. The whole time I was amazed by how comfortable it was, I'd almost describe the ride as going pothole hunting for fun. It was like sitting on pillows. I thought about some of the guys I've heard who quit riding after getting to a certain age and developing prostate issues. I'd like to encourage anyone in this situation to try out a dual sport before throwing in the towel for good.

This is probably one of the stranger things I've ever typed, but if it keeps a few people in the saddle longer: great.

Trigbe

Mar 20, 2017, 4:26:14 PM3/20/17
to MilVinMoto - Milwaukee Vintage Motorcyclists
Damn I have to get my DT360 project finished. Thanks for the tip!

Dave Topczewski

Mar 20, 2017, 6:50:29 PM3/20/17
to haro...@sbcglobal.net, MilVinMoto - Milwaukee Vintage Motorcyclists
Then I suppose I need to get my brain on with my RT-1 360

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab®4
--
Upcoming Garage Nites:

Pretty open this time of year. As the weather warms up, maybe we can get some traction with this again this year. Who else wants to host?

Garage Nite doesn't just happen, you need to volunteer to host!

Visit this group at  http://groups.google.com/group/MilVinMoto
`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MilVinMoto - Milwaukee Vintage Motorcyclists" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/milvinmoto.

Dave Topczewski

Mar 20, 2017, 6:56:15 PM3/20/17
to haro...@sbcglobal.net, MilVinMoto - Milwaukee Vintage Motorcyclists
Make that "braap"...I lost my brain long ago

Trig Haroldson

Mar 20, 2017, 7:12:52 PM3/20/17
to Dave Topczewski, MilVinMoto - Milwaukee Vintage Motorcyclists
But I thought it was the prostrate we're worried about ?

Sent by magic through the inter tubes

Dave Topczewski

Mar 20, 2017, 7:22:16 PM3/20/17
to Trig Haroldson, MilVinMoto - Milwaukee Vintage Motorcyclists
(waiting for comment about having my head up my ass  :) )

Trig Haroldson

Mar 20, 2017, 7:34:59 PM3/20/17
to Dave Topczewski, MilVinMoto - Milwaukee Vintage Motorcyclists
Or pissing through your nose

Sent by magic through the inter tubes

stosho

Mar 22, 2017, 11:27:53 PM3/22/17
to MilVinMoto - Milwaukee Vintage Motorcyclists
I think I saw you on that DT and was about to ask you what bike it was while at Franks Power Plant.  As I recall there were only a few dual sports.