Goldwing for sale or trade

Robb Zimdars

Jan 24, 2015, 12:21:18 PM1/24/15
to MilVinMoto - Milwaukee Vintage Motorcyclists, ChiVinMoto - Chicago Vintage Motorcyclists
Who needs a Wing?

Bought this 1989 GL1500 recently from the ORIGINAL OWNER, local fellow who just didn't ride it much. 28k miles on it, all stock as far as I can see. Six cylinders plus reverse.

Hadn't been run in a year, was sitting in his garage, unused and unfulfilled. Had thoughts of doing some touring this year, but decided I'd probably never be able to do that after all.

Haven't ridden it. Did pick up a new batter ($120, 2 year warranty) this week and plugged that in. Starter solenoid is wonky, started it on the spray and it hummed briefly to life. Needs to have the old gas flushed out, and the usual resurrection ritual performed (filters changed, etc). Very presentable condition, cosmetically I'd rate it at least an eight.

Previous/original owner is looking for the title at this time, will pick up a replacement at the DMV this week if he can't find it. This could be a great budget tourer, or a good moneymaker if someone's in the market.

KBB says it's worth $4160 in average condition, I'd say condition is at least average, miles are far below average. VERY flexible on price if you want it for cash. Also interested in partial trades, lemme know what'cha got. Midsized twins always a favorite, I need a project, got no other bikes in the garage! KZ400, XS400 or XS650 maybe?

Robb in Sussex