TWALD one month warning

Bob Burns

Aug 7, 2017, 6:06:20 AM8/7/17
to ChiVinMoto - Chicago Vintage Motorcyclists, MilVinMoto
Ain't it funny how time slips away.

One month until the annual The Weekend After Labor Day run. By now you've hopefully secured a room, found somewhere to pitch your tent, found a parking spot for your ridiculous motor home, mooched a spot on a couch, whatever.

Shirts need to be ordered by the 15th. 20 bucks cash money in Boscobel. If I haven't confirmed your order email me again.

Approximate schedule, all activities optional, including showing up to begin with:

Thursday evening: early arrivals head over to the bowling alley around 6pm for the lasagna special. Order the small. Trust me on this. After dinner head over to BoscoBill's for BoscoVinmoto garage night. Don't know where Bill's is? Follow someone who does.

Friday: Ride all day. Joe and Deb invite everyone to stop by their place for a casual snacks and soft drinks visit, that's worth doing. Ask me for a map.

Friday night: Lots of people go to Double K's for the fish fry. Parking lot shenanigans at The Sands. Try to not get arrested. I'll stop by to unload t-shirts.

Saturday: Group photo at Hubl's at 11am. Ride all day. Brian Jordan is hosting lunch at his place, maps will be available.

Saturday night: Dinner is served at 6:30. I'm making chili again. There is venison in it this year because I think that's funny. My chili is always offensive to at least three religions and is definitely not vegan, probably gluten friendly, and tasty as hell. I can arrange for a hot grill to be available if anyone needs to cook something else, speak up. Bonfire lit at sundown. Cheesy awards presentation after dinner. Rat out your friends.

Sunday: pack it up, head on home.

As always Jennifer and I are happy to haul gear. Bag, tent, chair. Email me direct to arrange drop off.

Enjoy every sandwich. That's what Warren Zevon would do.

--
-Bob Burns