REMINDER-Chivinmoto holiday Ken Kales celebration party

Joe Block

Nov 30, 2017, 1:43:32 PM11/30/17
to Chivinmoto, MilVinMoto
Dear All,

A reminder of the Chivinmoto holiday Ken Kales celebration party! Wednesday 20 December 2017 at his last shop 4015 N. Rockwell Chicago, Il 60618 Doors open at 6:30 PM.

The Chivinmoto holiday party had been scheduled at Ken’s shop before his untimely death. In keeping with his spirit and our love for Ken we will now make this event a celebration of Ken Kales’s life.

We lost a pillar of our Chicago motoring community with the passing of Ken Kales to the road beyond. For well over 45 years Kenny was a social glue that brought motoring friends together. His shop, The Sports Car Store, in it’s various iterations and locations over the years was always a hub of Chicagoland motoring society. But beyond all the motoring connections Ken was a hub of many other social groups, and was simply a great guy. Ken organized too many outings to remember all: football, baseball, bowling, golf, Ken worked to bring people together and enjoy life! He was a true Chicago original, raised on da Southside, educated at Comiskey Park and in Lincoln Ave. bars (did someone say Sterch’s!). Loved by all, he is dearly missed. OK, maybe he was a lousy bartender.

Joe B., Burt R., and Ken’s sister Karen will be providing pizza but feel free to bring a dish to share and especially whatever drinks you would like to consume and share.

We are expecting to honor Ken with grand stories, tall tales and lies, and hope if you have a good Ken tale to share, that you will!

RSVP back if you expect to attend so we can make sure to have enough pizza for all, and if you expect to say a few words so we can organize the speakers.

Please pass this event information to any and all who I may not know or missed and who were a part of Ken’s life! Spread the word!

Look forward to seeing you all and celebrating the life of Ken Kales!

Joe Block
Block Steel Corp.
847.966.3000 office
312.615.9475 mobile