Garage Nites Off Season

Kilted One

Feb 10, 2016, 6:26:37 PM2/10/16
to MilVinMoto - Milwaukee Vintage Motorcyclists
As the winter takes new hold on us with a blast of chilly weather this week, it is time to push back! A few of you have shown interest in doing Garage Nites or tech seminars at some point while the sun is still low in the sky. It is time to step up as we are halfway between the winter solstice and the vernal equinox which means it is indeed getting lighter out and our thoughts turn to riding in warmer weather even though it is a few months off. February has plenty of events going on like the International Motorcycle Show in Chicago this weekend followed by Flat Out Friday on the 19th and the Mama Tried show on Feb 20. February wraps up with the Vincent Massacre on the 27th then March and April are very light for bigger events as the first Woodstock Swap meet isn't until April 24 and the annual Blackhawk BMW Pecatonica Swap is on April 30-May 1. So there is definitely some open time in March and April that we can start to make plans for.

Last year the Garage Nites became more frequent and spread around quite a bit with a few people new to the list stepping up to host. You don't need a fancy garage or some over-the-top project on your lift to make something happen, just pick a night and speak up!

Godffery

Feb 10, 2016, 9:39:55 PM2/10/16
to milvi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the list of up coming events post!

I think Bobby C. will be picking out a date for a garage night soon, I'm
going to be helping him with a Dina ignition & coil update, so we
figured it could be a garage night / tech session.

G~
> --
> Upcoming Garage Nites:
> February 17 - Open
> February 24 - Open
> March 1 - Open
> March 8 - Buehler?...Buehler??
> Garage Nite doesn't just happen, you need to volunteer to host!

Bobby Cleveland

Feb 10, 2016, 10:37:44 PM2/10/16
to milvi...@googlegroups.com, chivi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reminder Goddfrey!

What - Super awesome bad-assery!
When - Sun down
Where - Dark alley in dangerous neighborhood
Who - MilVinMoto Riffraff and sketchy looking bystanders

OK, so maybe I am overplaying it a bit. Let's try that again...

My 1974 CB550 is getting a Dyna ignition & coil. Yippy!!! I'll be the first to admit that I am not nearly as skilled as many of the folks on this group but I am happy to screw it up as many times as it takes to get it right. Goddfrey has volunteered to babysit me though the installation which means he is really installing it through me... it may be a little painful to witness but not to worry I have plenty of beer to numb the pain.

Shameless plug - The parts for the Dyna ignition & coil were purchased from MilVinMoto's own Power-Barn Mike. Good price and fast shipping! Not to mention, I love supporting local small businesses. If you're getting your old busted jap-crap up and running agin, check him out at http://www.power-barn.com/ or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PowerBarn/timeline

And now for the good stuff! I am a home brewer and will have on tap:

German Alt Ale - Sorta like Alaskan Amber or Fat Tire
IIPA - Your standard double IPA
Imperial Stout (commercial) - I will be picking up a high gravity Stout, maybe Old Rasputin or Ten-Fity?

There will also be misc beer in cans or bottles. Fridge is packed so if you want to bring your own (don't feel obligated, there is plenty beer for you already here) you may be chilling it in a cooler. I'm sure I have one laying around.

Food - We can order pizza if someone wants to pass the hat around but with 2 teenagers in my house there is never any extra food. LOL! Kelly Bleachers has OK pizza and they are pretty close.

What - Tech Session - CB550 Dyna ignition & coil
When - March 1st (Start time is up to Goddfrey, I am working from home that day so I am pretty open)
Where - Wind Lake . It's a small 1 car garage but there is a 200,000 BTU portable heater so you wont be cold. Please email for address or pass it along privately but for lots of reasons I can not post it publicly.
Who - MilVinMoto Riffraff and sketchy looking bystanders... I think still applies. I'm also forward this to ChiVinMoto too. You can never have too much riffraff and sketchy looking bystanders.

Bobby

> Subject: Re: [MilVinMoto] Garage Nites Off Season
> To: milvi...@googlegroups.com
> From: jstep...@wi.rr.com
> Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 20:39:53 -0600
>
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/MilVinMoto
> `/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`/`
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MilVinMoto - Milwaukee Vintage Motorcyclists" group.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/milvinmoto.

Mike Holden

Feb 23, 2016, 9:05:46 PM2/23/16
to MilVinMoto - Milwaukee Vintage Motorcyclists
I've been a hermit working on projects in the garage all winter...missing out on off-season garage nites since I last hosted my first (and only) garage nite...I'm up for hosting on the 8th...pizza and (some) beer provided. Garage will be warm. Bring your own if you don't like the cheap stuff. 6:30ish Email for address.

motoracer750

Feb 24, 2016, 4:36:14 PM2/24/16
to MilVinMoto - Milwaukee Vintage Motorcyclists
Hi,

March 8 was going to be at Das Bunker, but I can find another date.....

Mike Holden

Feb 24, 2016, 7:39:16 PM2/24/16
to MilVinMoto - Milwaukee Vintage Motorcyclists
Yeah - I just realized that - my apologies! I had looked at an outdated list of dates before posting. I can take the following week and repost the new date.