TWALD 2019 wrap up

Bob Burns

Sep 17, 2018, 6:44:42 PM9/17/18
to ChiVinMoto - Chicago Vintage Motorcyclists, MilVinMoto
Did anyone else have a hard time giving a crap about work last week?

Excellent weather after the record setting rainfall in previous weeks gave us all a chance to view the destruction in the Kickapoo River valley. Thanks to everyone who kicked in to the "party fund" gas tank we'll be making a donation to Driftless Flood Relief, putting some cash into the hands of people who lost everything.

Some of you still have t-shirts coming, let's sort that out ASAP please.

Thanks to everyone who pitched in and apologies to anyone I forgot to mention at the party on Saturday.

Bad news department: due to circumstances beyond our control - economics and the unrelenting onward march of time - we won't be using Hubl's Motel as a base camp for TWALD in 2019. Nobody will be surprised to learn that I already had a backup plan or two in place, details to follow.

Thanks to all of you for 16 years of great times celebrating old motorcycles and the people who own, ride and maintain them.

51 week warning!

--
-Bob Burns

Ian Harris

Sep 18, 2018, 3:56:25 PM9/18/18
to Bob Burns, ChiVinMoto - Chicago Vintage Motorcyclists, MilVinMoto
I wasn't there, but Kudos to Bob and Jennifer for pulling this off yet another year.  I've had people down here in Nashville who asked me if I've ever heard about TWALD > this thing is becoming legend.

While Labor Day marks the down-swing of the riding season for some up North, many down here see Labor Day as the coming of good riding weather.  I bet I can scrounge up a group for a road-trip next TWALD.

--
++++++++++++++++++

Wed Nite Garage:

Sep 19: ??
Sep 26: Renee in Portage Park

FOLKS, this Anarcho/Commune doesn't run itself. VOLUNTEER to host garage nite. If YOU don't, no one else will.

Check out the ChiVinMoto Virtual Garages
http://bit.ly/ChiVinGarage

To UN-Subscribe from this group, send email to: ChiVinMoto-...@googlegroups.com
To visit on the web: http://groups.google.com/group/ChiVinMoto?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ChiVinMoto - Chicago Vintage Motorcyclists" group.

Moped Graham

Sep 21, 2018, 10:32:30 AM9/21/18
to MilVinMoto - Milwaukee Vintage Motorcyclists
Better yet, host something during that long and beautiful fall you guys get down there.

We rode the Natchez trace a few years ago in late october and it was perfect weather right around the time things are starting to get crummy up here.

T(en)WALD?

-Graham

Ian Harris

Sep 21, 2018, 1:26:43 PM9/21/18
to motz...@gmail.com, MilVinMoto
Hmm.  I'll see what I can do.

--
Garage Nite doesn't just happen, you need to volunteer to host!

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/MilVinMoto
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MilVinMoto - Milwaukee Vintage Motorcyclists" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/milvinmoto.