LED christmas lights

Paul Hegarty

Dec 4, 2016, 6:35:38 AM12/4/16
to Milton Keynes makerspace
OK, I've been a little remiss on the programmable led strings. Christmas this year has thoroughly crept up on me. But, since it's December now, we need to make a move on it.

We have 2 options.

Anyone who wants them for home use. Let me know asap. I'm happy to either solder the controllers for you, or help you do it yourself (even complete beginners).

Mine, the extras for the shed, and any that people aren't using for Christmas, I plan on putting on the front of the shed as a mini version of the led wall.

Anyone who wants to help with either route, post here, or grab me at the shed tomorrow. (Yes I will be down).

Just to clarify, the mini wall is a bit of fun. No-one should feel any obligation to add their own LEDs to it, if they want to use it at home instead.

James Morrison

Dec 4, 2016, 8:02:18 AM12/4/16
to milton-keyne...@googlegroups.com
I'll give you a hand.

Incidently, I also have an LED project
(https://github.com/Critters/TWANG) I've nearly built which I plan to
bring with me tomorrow to show Phil / others.

I may come in a bit earlier tomorrow as I've got loads of things to
work on. The MPCNC project is all printed now and just needs assembly.
> --
> http://www.mkmakerspace.co.uk
> ---

Michael West

Dec 4, 2016, 11:52:37 AM12/4/16
to milton-keyne...@googlegroups.com
I'm not in tomorrow so I'll see you Wednesday.
I still need to get all my LED bits from the wall and the info for programming it.

On 4 December 2016 at 11:35, Paul Hegarty <cynarbl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, I've been a little remiss on the programmable led strings. Christmas this year has thoroughly crept up on me. But, since it's December now, we need to make a move on it.
>
> We have 2 options.
>
> Anyone who wants them for home use. Let me know asap. I'm happy to either solder the controllers for you, or help you do it yourself (even complete beginners).
>
> Mine, the extras for the shed, and any that people aren't using for Christmas, I plan on putting on the front of the shed as a mini version of the led wall.
>
> Anyone who wants to help with either route, post here, or grab me at the shed tomorrow. (Yes I will be down).
>
> Just to clarify, the mini wall is a bit of fun. No-one should feel any obligation to add their own LEDs to it, if they want to use it at home instead.
>
> --
> http://www.mkmakerspace.co.uk
> ---
http://www.mkmakerspace.co.uk
---

Andy Selby

Dec 4, 2016, 2:34:54 PM12/4/16
to Milton Keynes makerspace

Mine, the extras for the shed, and any that people aren't using for Christmas, I plan on putting on the front of the shed as a mini version of the led wall.

Anyone who wants to help with either route, post here, or grab me at the shed tomorrow. (Yes I will be down).

I'll help set it up.
I may not take mine for home, it's weight will probably pull down the Christmas tree.

Andy

Carl Nielsen

Dec 5, 2016, 1:28:46 PM12/5/16
to milton-keyne...@googlegroups.com
Mine are on the tree!

I won't be able to get there tonight but plan to make it Wednesday and can help if still needed. My cobbled code which includes a rudimentary Web menu is at:

if anyone wants it. No warranties express or implied / caveat emptor / yes I know it's crap (although I prefer my crap one that sorta works, than the famous all-singing-and-dancing-awesome one that hasn't been built yet!) etc. etc.

Any improvements, advice etc. gratefully received! :)

All the best,
Carl

--
http://www.mkmakerspace.co.uk
---

Mat Burnham

Dec 5, 2016, 4:15:42 PM12/5/16
to milton-keyne...@googlegroups.com
Much as I'd like to put a set up at home, I haven't really the time to play :(

What I would like to see is a picture of what you manage to get up though as I didn't even find the time to come and look properly at camp!

Mat

On 4 Dec 2016 19:34, "Andy Selby" <andyf...@gmail.com> wrote:

Mine, the extras for the shed, and any that people aren't using for Christmas, I plan on putting on the front of the shed as a mini version of the led wall.

Anyone who wants to help with either route, post here, or grab me at the shed tomorrow. (Yes I will be down).

I'll help set it up.
I may not take mine for home, it's weight will probably pull down the Christmas tree.

Andy

--
http://www.mkmakerspace.co.uk
---