open source circuits and systems

Culurciello, Eugenio

Apr 24, 2012, 9:30:24 AM4/24/12
to mil...@googlegroups.com, Berin Martini
Hi all,
we are starting a open source circuits and systems operation for ICs and SoC. We want to allow anyone to manufacture their own IC without re-inventing the wheel.
As you might know, integrated circuits and SoC are lagging way behind the open source movement. In particular analog and mixed signal ICs. We want to bridge that gap. We will release for free fully open source all our academic design whose development has been already paid for by government grants. We hope other researchers and tinkerers around the world will be able to use them in their designs.
We want to create in analog and mixed IC and SoC the equivalent of the open source digital/FPGA movement: http://opencores.org/.

This is our starting point:
https://engineering.purdue.edu/elab/blog/research/silicon-on-sapphire-circuits-and-systems

We have a lot to do. I would really appreciate your comments and suggestions to make this fly.
We might want to request some minimal funding for organizing this effort to a larger scale.

Please send your thoughts!

Eugenio Culurciello
Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Purdue University
Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering
206 S. Martin Jischke Drive, room 2031
West Lafayette, Indiana 47907