[Mifos-users] Help in creating mifos database and Mifos User

Martin ALibu

Mar 2, 2013, 5:07:45 AM3/2/13
to mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net

Hello

I am trying to install Mifos for the first time. I am having trouble in creating Mifos Database and Mifos User from dos command line.

  • Log in to MySQL using root account. By default password will be mysql unless you changed it while installing MySQL.
    • To log in, type:
mysql -uroot -p
    • Press enter and you'll be prompted for your password (this is the password you set defined for root while configuring MySQL).
login to sql admin.png

I am using Windows 7. I am not able to get to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator

I am not able to get to mysql directory either.

Please help

Martin

Graeme Ruthven

Mar 2, 2013, 5:21:24 PM3/2/13
to Mifos Users

Welcome to the wonderful world of Mifos!

> * Log in to MySQL using root account. By default password will be
mysql
> unless you changed it while installing MySQL.
>
> * To log in, type:
>
> mysql -uroot -p
>
> *
>
> * Press enter and you'll be prompted for your password (this
is
> the password you set defined for root while configuring MySQL).
>
> login to sql

<image snipped>

> I am using Windows 7. I am not able to get to C:\Documents and
> Settings\Administrator

That image was taken on a Windows XP by someone logged on as Administrator.

On Windows 7 that would be C:\Users\Administrator.

However Windows 7 has a better security model than XP and makes it difficult
to log on as Administrator...

You can issue the mysql command from anywhere - all you need is a command
prompt.

I can't go any further just now - my MySQL installation is on Linux, not
Windows.

> I am not able to get to mysql directory either.

I suspect that it is under the hidden directory C:\ProgramData.

The location is specified in the my.ini file.

Regards
Graeme