Problem with Mifos Roles/Permissions

Georges Lteif

Apr 17, 2013, 5:28:04 AM4/17/13
to mifos...@googlegroups.com
Hello All
i have a problem with the roles and persmissions

The permissions on the editing of the old question groups is not working and i have added a permission for the loan approval where i set the maximum approval amount to be 5000 usd
and it isn't working well either

i checked the tables role/role_activity/role_activity_restriction/activity
the permissions are there

Is there something i am missing that i can check to see why these permissions are not working?
do you think its an upgrade problem?

thanks

Michał Wiśniewski

Apr 19, 2013, 3:31:46 AM4/19/13
to mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi,
It's not a problem related to an upgrade.
We've managed to reproduce it on a fresh mifos 2.6.0
I'm looking into it.
I'll post the solution shortly on the mailing group.

regards
Michal

Michał Wiśniewski

Apr 19, 2013, 8:59:00 AM4/19/13
to mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net
Okay,
about your issues:

1. editing the question groups. There is a tiny bug in mifos 2.6.0 that won't let you even view the details of a question group unless you have permission "Can manage question groups".
If will be fixed in the next release of mifos.
For now - the only way is to add "Can manage question groups" permission to the role.

2.
About setting "Maximum loan amount" permission - when you define the amount, you still have to check in the "Can change state to Approved" permission.
Another thing is that the Max loan amount value refers to the Principal value of the loan.

Let me know if it helped.

regards
Michal

Georges Lteif

Apr 22, 2013, 2:51:03 AM4/22/13
to mifos...@googlegroups.com, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.
Hello Michal
thank you for looking into this problem

Concerning the Approval Limit i found a bug that if a personnel have 2 roles, the approval limit doesn't work
1-create a role that have have the approval limit set to 5000
2-create another role that has for example (run batch job)
3-assign the 2 roles to the same personnel
4- the limit doesn't work
the personnel can still go and approve loans above 5000
if you remove the 2nd role, the limit works

concerning the Editing of the question groups,
i removed the rules of editing to all question groups, but everyone can still go in and edit the question groups on the clients and loans

thanks

Georges Lteif

Apr 22, 2013, 3:01:56 AM4/22/13
to mifos...@googlegroups.com, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.
just an additional note to the above
i created a new Role with only edit self information rights set
and assign to a personnel

i logged in with that personnel and have been able to edit all question groups without any problems

Michał Wiśniewski

Apr 23, 2013, 6:10:46 AM4/23/13
to mifos...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi,
We tried to reproduce your case:

> concerning the Editing of the question groups,
> i removed the rules of editing to all question groups, but everyone can still go in and edit the question groups on the clients and loans
>

> just an additional note to the above
> i created a new Role with only edit self information rights set
> and assign to a personnel
> i logged in with that personnel and have been able to edit all question groups without any problems

It works fine on our side.
Just to make sure were talking about the same:
Admin -> view question groups -> [name of the question group]  -> edit question group

or did you mean changing answers to questions from the question group
(from the view of selected client or loan)

regards
Michal