[Mifos-developer] Mifos TurnKey Linux appliance

已查看 14 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Jeremy Davis

未读,
2014年4月14日 00:09:062014/4/14
收件人 mifos-d...@lists.sourceforge.net、Jeremy Davis
Hi all,

I recently saw Vishwas Babu and Ed Cable on FLOSS weekly[1] talking
about Mifos. I hadn't ever heard of this project before but it sounds
like you are doing great work!

[1] http://twit.tv/show/floss-weekly/289

I'm a developer with TurnKey Linux[2] and I thought that we may be able
to collaborate on a Mifos Community Edition[3] server appliance (and/or
possibly a Mifos Dev server environment[4]).

[2] http://turnkeylinux.org
[3] http://mifos.org/product/download-mifos
[4]
https://mifosforge.jira.com/wiki/display/MIFOS/Mifos+Development+Environment+Package

TurnKey Linux provides free open source software appliances based on
Debian 7 and we have an Open Source build environment called TKLDev[4]
for building server software appliance that by default outputs an ISO
for installation into a VM or on bare metal.

[5] http://www.turnkeylinux.org/tkldev

Once a working prototype is developed (for TKLDev - and the code is on
GitHub), on the next maintenance release of TurnKey it can be added to
the library[6] and will be available in a range of build types[7].

[6] http://turnkeylinux.org/all
[7] http://turnkeylinux.org/docs/builds

Anyone interested?

Regards,
Jeremy Davis
TurnKey Linux Developer

Ed Cable

未读,
2014年4月14日 10:03:572014/4/14
收件人 Mifos software development、Jeremy Davis
Jeremy,

I"m glad you came across our project while listening to FLOSS Weekly. As a community we're always looking for ways to make Mifos X more readily accessible and minimize the effort in getting it up and running.

TurnKey Linux seems like another solid option that we could make available to community members. Is your team able to take the lead in doing the necessary work to make an appliance available? Our core developers are available to assist and help you get up to speed but don't have the free cycles currently to lead the actual work themselves.

We can set up a chat with our development team if you'd like to discuss this further.

Thanks again for coming to us!

Ed
--
Ed Cable
Mifos Community Manager

Collectively Creating a World of 3 Billion Maries | http://openmf.org

Note: As of Jan 1, 2014 my email has changed from edcable@openmf.org to edcable@mifos.org. Please update your address book accordingly.

Jeremy Davis

未读,
2014年4月15日 02:44:182014/4/15
收件人 Ed Cable、Mifos software development、Jeremy Davis
Hi Ed,

Ah Ok so MifosX[1] is the latest (stable) release then? Rather than
2.6[2]? So I assume we would be best looking to install MifosX?

[1] https://github.com/openMF/mifosx
[2] https://github.com/mifos/head

And I then assume that the instructions to follow would be these[3]?

[3]
https://github.com/openMF/mifosx/blob/master/INSTALL.md#2-manual-installation

Does that sounds about right?

TBH I was hoping that you guys would be able to take the lead (with me
providing support) but that's ok. I know that it was a bit of a stab in
the dark. Not many open source projects have devs sitting around waiting
to find something to do! :)

It just means that I'm not sure when it will happen... I appreciate your
willingness to help out though! For now I have added it to our (mile
long) GitHub Appliance Wishlist (aka Candidates list)[4] and I just
started a Mifos appliance 'whiteboard'[5] as well.

[4]
https://github.com/turnkeylinux/tracker/wiki/Candidates#mifos-microfinance-open-source
[5] https://github.com/turnkeylinux/tracker/wiki/Mifos

Most of the work goes into creating (and testing) the initial build.
Assuming that is 'well built' generally maintenance is pretty light work
(unless there are major changes to your software and it's
requirements/dependencies).

So ifyou (or anyone) have any links and advice or anything in general,
particularly building on Debian stable (the basis of TurnKey), it would
be great if you could pass them on. I already have the basic install
instructions[6] and they go on the whiteboard[7]. If anyone has any
specific experience with installing Mifos on Debian that would be
especially handy! :)

[6]
https://github.com/openMF/mifosx/blob/master/INSTALL.md#2-manual-installation
[7] https://github.com/turnkeylinux/tracker/wiki/Mifos

Regards,
Jeremy

Ed Cable

未读,
2014年4月15日 14:06:352014/4/15
收件人 Jeremy Davis、Mifos software development、Jeremy Davis
On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 11:44 PM, Jeremy Davis <jer...@jeremydavis.org> wrote:
Hi Ed,

Ah Ok so MifosX[1] is the latest (stable) release then? Rather than
2.6[2]? So I assume we would be best looking to install MifosX?

[1] https://github.com/openMF/mifosx
[2] https://github.com/mifos/head

Yes. Most certainly Mifos X.

Yes - that's correct. Another helpful background link on the platform is:  https://demo.openmf.org/architecture/
TBH I was hoping that you guys would be able to take the lead (with me
providing support) but that's ok. I know that it was a bit of a stab in
the dark. Not many open source projects have devs sitting around waiting
to find something to do! :)

It just means that I'm not sure when it will happen... I appreciate your
willingness to help out though! For now I have added it to our (mile
long) GitHub Appliance Wishlist (aka Candidates list)[4] and I just
started a Mifos appliance 'whiteboard'[5] as well.

Thanks for getting us listed there. I hope that one of the volunteers in our community who comes across this thread might be interested in helping out and taking on some of the work.
回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子